Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Meeting with photographer

Hayley, 10 of August of 2022 at 08:41 Posted on Planning 0 9
We are meeting up with our photographer at our reception venue (just land at the moment as we are hiring a marquee etc). We obviously had the initial zoom meeting start of last year. Wedding is 3rd September. Is there anything in particular we should ask him? Thanks

9 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 10 of August of 2022 at 19:06
  • August 24 Bride
    Savvy August 2024 Kilkenny
    August 24 Bride ·
    • Hide content

Awww Congrats!!! 3rd of September is not far away at all, exciting times for you!! Smiley heart

I work as a wedding coordinator and a question i think couples always need to ask a photographer is WHAT WILL THEY WEAR ON THE DAY OF THE WEDDING?

The amount of times i see photographers just dressed so casual, sometimes too casual ~ in jeans i personally feel like this isn't acceptable if they are providing a professional service and for my own wedding i would be so let down. This may be down just to my personal opinion but i think this definitely should be asked.

Other questions i have on my wedding planning list are the following that may help you are ~

• What time will you start, finish etc?
    • Do you require us to provide you with food?
    • What is your back up plan if you can't attend on the day due to an unexpected reason?
    • What happens if your camera was to break during the day? Are the photos backed up or would they be lost?
    • Do you have insurance?
    • Can we request certain shots for the day?

• Good luck!!!! Smiley shame xx
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow, that's a lot to think about thank you. We have seen him at a couple of weddings before so are happy with how he dresses at these. We'll definitely be confirming start and finish times. We should have him for 12 hours. Already sorted food too, as not long to the day. I think we know the answers to the back up questions but I will double check this, thanks. Hoping we will discuss shots.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Actually at this stage I would hope that all of the mentioned questions have already been answered as part of the decision to book him.

I don't think there is much I would be expecting to be asked.

I would be asking most of the questions going through the details of exact timings of the day - I may be able to offer some advice on better timings. I would be checking on the position of marquee/loos/caterers gazebo and have been asked in field marquee weddings on the best places if there are still options.

A run through with you of the whole day, what photos you would like - any groups that you want. Do you have any fancy moves lined up for the first dance I need to be ready for. I will have many questions.

I would also be scoping out some good positions with you where we could be doing some shots - maybe even in the next field if possible if that is going to give us a better sunset shot.

I would also be checking where we could do the shots if its raining.

So pretty much a run through of the whole day with you.

• Haz
    Dedicated September 2022 Staffordshire
    Haz ·
    • Hide content
    We're 3rd September too!

Our photographer asked us questions that I hadn't even thought of, such as if we had any insecurities that we wanted her to avoid shooting or touch up in the edit. She also asked if there were any sensitive family dynamics that we wanted her to be aware of.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep all of those too. Like I said its at this point that I would expect the photographer to be asking all the questions.

Family politics is an important one. On a few occasions we have conspired to put a certain person on the end of a group so I could photoshop them off afterwards. Smiley xd

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww yay, 24 days Smiley laugh Thank you. Good point about family dynamics. Luckily we're not too bad on that one. Both our parents are still together so think that helps!
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Brilliant, thank you for both your comments, that's helpful. We'll just get ready to answer his questions and hope we know them haha. We have been pretty organised so I think we will. I'm just not so good at thinking in the moment so like to be prepared.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If there are any specific locations or details at your venue that you are especially keen to have recorded, then now would be a good time to ask. A good photographer is going to get all the standard shots anyway, but he isn't going to know that you really want a picture of the rosebush by the entrance because it reminds you of the one in granny's garden, or that you'd love a family photo all sitting together on that specific bench.

Also a good moment to flag up any photos you particularly DON'T want - although we did this for ours and he ignored us anyway Smiley xd

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah yes, they are not mind readers haha. Sorry yours ignored your request.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics