Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tanya77
Beginner August 2011

Meeting with registrar!

Tanya77, 25 July, 2011 at 13:15 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hello everyone! ?

We've got a meeting with our registrar first thing on Wednesday morning and was wondering what we need to take with us and what we should have sorted out by now. We're having a civil ceremony, so should we have already chosen the readings, music etc.?

We haven't done any of this yet... Please advise! ?

It's also OH's birthday tomorrow and I'm going to give him the memory stick of photos from my boudoir shoot as a joint birthday/wedding present. I'm so excited because I had them done back at the beginning of June and have somehow managed to keep my big mouth shut all that time, so it'll be a complete surprise for him!

?

3 replies

Latest activity by ajdown, 25 July, 2011 at 13:51
  • ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Is this your first meeting?

If it's the first meeting ("giving notice") then you should be taking the bits of paperwork for identification (passport, bills, birth certificate or whatever else they asked for) to prove you are free to marry.

If it's a subsequent meeting then they should have given you a pack with readings etc in it to choose from, as well as picking your vows, declarations etc, and I'd guess that this meeting is where they'd want to finalise it.

We filled in our forms and sent them back by post and got a confirmation all was ok (we're in London and getting married in Hampshire) so we won't actually meet our registrar doing the ceremony until the day of the wedding.

• Tanya77
    Beginner August 2011
    Tanya77 ·
    • Hide content

We gave notice in our local registry office last year, but are meeting the registrar from Croydon where we are getting married on Wednesday. We've got a choice of readings etc, so will have a look through that tonight.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I would say that with 11 days to go, they will be expecting to finalise everything!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Hadn't seen the ticker.

facepalm.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics