Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pink Han-bag
Beginner March 2013

Meeting with the venue to go through final details-what to ask?

Pink Han-bag, 11 of February of 2013 at 18:34 Posted on Planning 0 5

We're going to see the venue on Wednesday to go through the final details, I have a few things to ask them but I want to get as comprehensive a list as possible. Any suggestions?

5 replies

Latest activity by Pink Han-bag, 12 of February of 2013 at 09:31
  • 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

I'll be watching this thread because I need to do this in the next 2 days too, since I've managed to get someone else at our venue to take over from the incompetent co ordinator we've had for the last few months, she has offered to meet me and go through everything .

Only advice I have at the minute is think through the whole day from start to finish and list everything in order so you don't forget anything.

L x

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

Bumping this as I am also interested in the answers for future reference.

• Mrs.P.To.Be
    Beginner March 2013
    Mrs.P.To.Be ·
    • Hide content

I'd definitely suggest coming away with as full a plan as possible for the running order of te day with timings etc - it's good to be on the same page as the co-ordinator at the venue on this. Also, if you and/or guests are staying at the venue, check in/out times are important to find out, people will definitely be asking you about this as the day gets closer. Also, worth confirming how early you can get to the venue to do all your setting up the day before - knowing this early on can help you plan other stuff (like manicures etc) around it so as to maximise your time on the day x

• C
    Beginner March 2013
    Chedi ·
    • Hide content

I currently know with ours we'll confirm supplier details with them (such as caterers, bar, band, photographer) and go through the running order of the day in detail.

We had a visit back in January, so did a lot there like measuring things and going through the ceremony to setup times.

One thing I did ask via email (as Mum is with me both times) is if you're giving flowers to the Mum's, where to put them/how to hide them until its time - so might be worth asking about the logistics of that.

Generally though, the venue will know what to tell you as they should have gone through it plenty of times and will certainly bring things up you hadnt even thought of!

• T
    Beginner February 2013
    Topper ·
    • Hide content

Hi PHB

We confirmed suppliers, ie band / cake / florist delivery that would be contacting the venue either on or before the day.

Running order, cake cutting / speaches etc

We're getting married at the venue so details around ipod dock for thc music. Agreed that co-ordinator will 'drive' for the ceremony

Details around drinks / bar. We've order in some particular beer and also gave instructions around ensureing the wine is kept topped up during canapes / dinner (OHs parents very kindly paying for this) and also what we will cover dfor the reception bar in the evening

Double checked room bookings for guests. Despite being a hotel, this was the biggest palaver

Hope that helps someone

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, I'm sure they'll cover everything but I'm a control freak and like a list or two Smiley winking

We need to run through all the details of food and drink as well as the other stuff.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics