Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

before40
Beginner October 2012

mega-child friendly venue in Sth London / Surrey needed!

before40, 28 May, 2012 at 15:16 Posted on Planning 0 6

New to all this - all newly engaged and smiley Smiley smile

My other half & I have children, most of our friends have young children and we have teensy families so really it's going to be a big friends get together. Our local reg office is too small and our back garden is too small for my dream idea of marquee,outside caterers, chilling and having fun so we need to find a civil service licensed venue for about 75 (including 15 under 5's, yes you did read that, 15 of them!!) which has space for soft play / outside running around but also lots of adult space for food & booze & relaxing & dancing. Pref exclusive use that mightn't mind outside caterers / has reasonable corkage. Anyone have any ideas / experience of anywhere which might fit the bill? Thank you Smiley smile

6 replies

Latest activity by Brian Parkes LSWPP (HIB), 29 May, 2012 at 17:53
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried having a look on a few of the local Councils websites near to you? That is usually a good place to start, the registry office sections usually have a download containing all the licenced venues under their authority.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

PS, congrats on your engagement and welcome to hitched!

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

We have a potential 14 under 5's coming to ours, and our Venue is being wonderful about it. They'll set up soft play areas, have a tv and dvd player for a movie or maybe just a bit of peppa pig or fireman sam, and the croquet lawn is ours for games and general running around and play. They only seat 64 for the wedding breakfast, and what's they've done for us is keep the little ones in the soft play areas during the meal, and any nursing mums have the option of staying with them or having their babes with them in the adults' room. This set-up really works for us, as we'll be hiring a few child minders for the whole day. Expensive, but a few of the mums are contributing to the cost of it!

The venue is Hever Castle, in case you want to check them out! It's in Kent, but not far from Surrey!

We also looked at Chartwell, which is nearby, and they seemed very child friendly as well!

• Cakeycase
    Beginner December 2012
    Cakeycase ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Venart - I have MASSIVE venue envy!! Hever Castle is stunning. Please post lots of pics after your big day!!!

• before40
    Beginner October 2012
    before40 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you to Venart and funkyjameseo for your help, pleased to know am not the only nutter out there considering that many young children being at a wedding. As a lot of our guests are really local, I think I need to think nearer to home than Hever Castle though, lots to think about!

• C
    Beginner May 2013
    catew ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at Preston Cross Hotel in Little Bookham they have a massive safe garden for the kids we are having a bouncy castle on the lawn!

• B
    Brian Parkes LSWPP (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Not quite surrey, but right (literally on the border) with Hampshire.

The monkey puzzle, it's a family restaurant / pub that does the occaisonal venue, its nothing to look at until it's dressed for a wedding and then it looks great. It has it's own play park in the garden out the back (big enough for bouncy castles and photos too) and their staff are great with kids. one of them basically took on the role of kids entertainer at the last one I did here.

You can see a review / details / pictures of venue here:

https://brianparkes.com/Wedding-Venue-Review/The-Monkey-Puzzle.asp

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics