Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

KatieInWonderland
Beginner June 2011

ME.....in Wonderland

KatieInWonderland, 18 May, 2010 at 22:02 Posted on Planning 0 12

Hi guys, First ever post. Been Engaged for a bit now and am just starting the proper planning. We are having a Alice in Wonderland theme. Im not on about people dressing up as rabbits and Mad Hatters its much more classier and alot less in your face then that. Ive already had a few ideas...Teapot centrepieces with flowers, my h2b will wear a top hat.... best man will have a pocket watch... Teapot cake from Makis Cakes <<< Well worth a look. She is also going to have a doormouse coming from the top. But am really struggling to think of thinks for such characters as..... Caterpillar....Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum....Chesire Cat.... So really want some ideas guys and not only for these characters but for anything. Cheers Everyone x

12 replies

Latest activity by videogal, 19 May, 2010 at 18:57
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

There is a HIB on here (www.prettywild.co.uk) who did an Alice in Wonderland theme stationary set which I absolutely fell in love with!

A few ideas from a quick search on google........

https://hubpages.com/hub/_BellaMevents_ALICEINWONDERLAND

Stationery -Use labels for save-the-date’s and the seating chart, and include graphic images of curious objects on the invites. Use embossing and letter press for an authentic vintage look.

Play with size – As Alice kept growing and shrinking her perceptions were screwed – play with various sizes of objects around the venue, such as oversized planters and hangings, to tiny dolls-house sized objects in amongst table centrepieces…

What to wear – You don’t need to look as wired as Johnny Depp to pull off this theme – Be inspired by the pale blue dress worn by Alice for a non-traditional wedding dress & hire top hats for the guys.
    Jewellery can be bold & colourful. Made-New make one-off pieces made from vintage jewellery and this one themed on watches is perfect for the white rabbit. Gift bridesmaids with these cute cake rings to wear with mis-matched colourful dresses – or have fun on your hen party making them with Fimo – remember that?!

Reception – Decorate the venue with chandeleirs by Madeleine Boulesteix, made from teacups, jelly moulds and vintage cutlery. Have jars of cookies, cakes & sweets on the table with ‘eat me’ labels – use these for dessert to save on the extra course… Have ‘curious objects’ around the venue – especially great for kids

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

welcome to hitched!!! Smiley smile

• BridgetHalley
    BridgetHalley ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I'm new to this community too (but I've been watching this forum for long time before). I've just read about 'Alice in Wonderland' wedding inspiration recently and I totally love that idea. It's great that you're up to this. Here are some pics to inspire:

I also think blue is definitely the color theme for this wedding. There is a post for this Wonderland theme on the web. You should search for blue centerpieces too. Hope you will have a beautiful wedding?

• delvesje
    Super November 2010
    delvesje ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations and welcome to Hitched

• sara 40
    sara 40 ·
    • Hide content

Welcome to hitched & congratulations

Love your wedding theme, good luck with your planning, just ask if you need help

best wishes

• prettywild
    prettywild ·
    • Hide content

There is a HIB on here (

• The BFG
    Beginner August 2010
    The BFG ·
    • Hide content

Wow what a fab idea, i agree with not taking it overboard or 'in your face'.

How about the characters as table names??

Happy planning - im sure you will have lots of fun with a theme like that!!!! x

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

You are very welcome!!! I get major design envy everytime I see your stuff, it's simply beautiful!

When is your new website going to be up and running?

xx

• teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

You could have your stationary in the shape of the cheshire cat or the tweedles....

bottles and jars with drink me........

lots of good ideas are here tho..

• videogal
    videogal ·
    • Hide content

Hi congratulations and welcome to hitched. What a fantastic theme idea - I'm always referred to as the Mad Hatter (Hatter is my maiden name) - I've gotten used to it over the years but I', certainly not mad lol! I think getting little bottles with drink me and cookies with eat me is a fab idea and very fitting with your theme.

You could even theme your reception (after the wedding) as a tea party! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics