Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner August 2013

Men's suit hire & Haggling

Alipops1986, 29 January, 2012 at 12:30 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hello All, Has anyone had any joy haggling about men's suit hire? My OH and I have our first appointment in a few weeks at our local suit hire company, the cheapest one we've found. £69.99 per suit. We're having 7 men's suits and 1 ickle boys suit which are both the same price! So, we're looking at 8 x £70 = £480 - the grooms for free = £410. Is this good value? is there any point attempting to haggle? Should we visit a few different ones before booking? Thanks, Alipops x

5 replies

Latest activity by Jason Clark DJ, 29 January, 2012 at 22:34
  • Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

Hi Alipops,

I think I paid around £90-£100 for suit hire at our Wedding. My 12yr old son had a small suit, and there was a total of 5 suits (mine was "free").

I'd say you've got a good rate and if the quality and service is good, then even better.

If they don't haggle, then you may get some extras (cuff links?) thrown in. Its always worth asking, but with an already good rate, I would be surprised if you can get a better deal elsewhere.

Jason

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

This sounds like a pretty good deal already but theres no harm in trying to haggle a little, just don't push it too far when you've got a good price already. As Jason said, sometimes it's worth seeing what extra they will include rather than discounting the price.

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks folks.

To be fair, i do think the price is good compared to others. However, I am a little horrified to be paying the same price for a 5yr old's as a fully grown adult man's. Doesn't really make logical sense to me!

• A
    Beginner August 2013
    Alipops1986 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks folks.

To be fair, i do think the price is good compared to others. However, I am a little horrified to be paying the same price for a 5yr old's as a fully grown adult man's. Doesn't really make logical sense to me!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It does seem unusual, though I've never tried to buy/hire small people's suits. But thinking out loud, although the smaller suit will use less material, it'll probably require a very similar amount of work to make, and that's what really costs most. Plus I would imagine that the suits for 5 year olds might get destroyed a little quicker than the grown up ones!

• Jason Clark DJ
    Jason Clark DJ ·
    • Hide content

I would expect there is not much difference in cost. The material is not the large expense, its the machining, and overhead of checking/cleaning/repairing each hire.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics