Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

TreacleTart
Beginner May 2015

Men's suits - hiring and buying

TreacleTart, 1 of February of 2015 at 16:29 Posted on Planning 0 10

I know this has been asked before but I'm not sure about the hitched search the forums function, it seemed to throw up pretty old posts, so I'm gonna re-ask, where are you getting your mens suits from? My OH has sorted his and we've been looking at the rest of the men now, we need 5 and OH wants navy three pieces. The men are scattered right around, midlands, Yorkshire, Wales so nationwide companies would suit best as we do want their suits to match.

looked at greenwood 1860, debenhams, Austin reed and slaters for hiring, fairly similar prices so any recommendations re: these? Or alternatives to consider? For buying we'd only really got Next as the other high street stores were working out pretty expensive or didn't have waistcoats...budget not decided exactly, ideally no more than about £130 pp for trousers, jacket and waistcoat but we still want nice enough quality!

Any suggestion/recommendations?

Thanks!

10 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveYellowConfetti853, 1 of March of 2019 at 13:21
  • A
    Beginner July 2015
    AmyE85 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Treacle

We're in similar boat - OH wants to buy his suit so will prob get it from Next. Cheapest suit hire I found was Greenwoods - their standard package for what we wanted (charcoal short suit jacket with matching waistcoat) was £85 pp but I saw them at a wedding fayre and they were offering 30% off so with their groom goes free offer, it worked out at about £69 per suit to hire. But I was told this offer was only available if you book at a wedding fayre.

I've heard Burtons are good too - they do a hire 5 get one free package I think, but you could always be cheeky and ask if they'll do the offer for 5 suits instead.

Also, the benefit of going through Greenwoods or Burton is that they have stores nationwide so they would be able to measure the men at the store nearest them, without the need to get everyone together at once

x

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

If you haven't already, try Asos. As well as their own brand stuff they have other brands like Ted Baker, River Island etc

I bought my brothers suit from River Island at Asos for less than £60 on sale.

For the quality, Tesco suits are also really good.

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Not sure if these are any good? Dare I say primark also sell suits. They do have a better quality range which is nicer than their cheaper polyester ones.

http://www.clothingattesco.com/wedding/the-groom+ushers/icat/mens-grooms-ushers

http://www.bhs.co.uk/en/bhuk/category/men-1021239/suits-3100518

http://direct.asda.com/george/men/suits-tailoring/D2M1G10C14,default,sc.html#http://direct.asda.com/george/men/suits-tailoring/D2M1G10C14,default,sc.html

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

My H got his suit from Reiss and then got the groomsmen's suits from next. The boys suits still looked really nice and only cost about £110 or so, plus they get to keep them at the end of the day so seems like a better idea than hireing, unless you want tails.

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

Cheers for the suggestions! Hadn't thought about asos so will definitely look on there! Pugsley that's good to know cus it's the same here, OH having a nice Reiss suit made so didn't want the other suits to really obviously look cheaper quality, good that they don't! We've decided that's where we'll look first!

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content

We were going to buy ushers suits from M&S but ended up getting them from Burton's, paid about £60 for a 2 piece.

Mr RB wears suits to work and likes the ones from Matalan

x

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

We are getting our 2 ushers a Next 3 piece dark blue slim fit suit (not quite dark enough to say 'navy'). The jacket and trousers are £79, then the waistcoat is £29, so £108. Its the perfect shade for us and well under budget. Only trouble is I can't send you the link as according to the sales assistant in the shop it is store only. Good luck!

• TreacleTart
    Beginner May 2015
    TreacleTart ·
    • Hide content

IGBMN - that's the exact one we looked at today online! Have you bought it? we were gonna go have a look at it in the flesh on Tuesday, although I've had a rethink n think hiring will be the way forward again, OH still unsure. No one will wear the suit afterwards, tho I guess the bits might get worn as separates by some of them...it's still around £45 more expensive than a hire suit tho (tho the Austin reed were £110!) and then there's ties to get (and some shirts too) hiring def cheaper! Only thing that's a bit off putting with hiring is hearing about poor customer service, worrying if drinks/food got spilt would we get charged, and all the T&Cs saying stuff like they reserve the right to give the wrong size if that's all they have...

• T
    Beginner May 2015
    Tinkerbellkirst ·
    • Hide content

My OH got all his suits from M&S they are a navy suit, he has a 3 piece the others have the same suit minus the wasit coat. Came in at £100 per suit, bargain!

• L
    Beginner February 2018
    LuxuriousOrangeHair77120 ·
    • Hide content

I am a bespoke outfit lover and so I always online searching for bespoke suit and other outfits. Here I saw your post and I must say that you post good for compare price and quality . I like this and want to thank you sharing this.I always prefer my Bespoke suits and shirts from my favorite Tailor, L & K Custom Tailor who is Fine Custom Tailor in Hong Kong. I got best quality branded fabric made suit at reasonable Cost of tailor made suits Hong Kong. I heartily want to recommend my Best L & K Custom Tailor Hong Kong. Visit for more details: http://www.lktailor.com

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti853 ·
    • Hide content

We are looking at hiring from Moss Bros.

are people having groom completely matching groomsmen/ushers? Or slight differences or completely different?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics