Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Skeptical78
Beginner September 2013

Menu choices on invitations...HOW?!

Skeptical78, 9 of January of 2013 at 10:03 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi everyone,

We've changed our mind and are now having a proper sit-down meal at the reception. Each guest gets a choice between 3 starters, 3 mains and 3 desserts. We need to get the choices to the venue a few weeks before the wedding. Question is, what's the most efficient / aesthetically pleasing way of incorporating this into the invitations?! The lady who is making them can insert an additional card, no problem, but do I do some sort of table? Person 1 / Person 2? Give each of the options and get them to tick? I don't really want it looking like a spreadsheet!!

I know on some invites they have something like "Chicken [] Beef [] Vegetarian []" and you tick the box, but would this work with 3 courses? For more than one person? I know it seems really petty but it's driving me nuts!

Has anyone had a similar issue? How did you do your RSVPs?

Thanks!

10 replies

Latest activity by Becca, 3 of November of 2020 at 09:33
  • Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

This is why I did a wedding website! On the website you log on and write your name in the box and then select your food from a drop down list.

If I was doing a card I'd have space to write the name on the left with tick boxes for starter and main.

• Zoomo13
    Beginner August 2015
    Zoomo13 ·
    • Hide content

I think a seperate piece of card sounds like the most feasible idea, however i would probably write the names of the guest on each one and get them to state what they wanted.

you have to take into considreation that the venue will need to know the names of everyone attending and their choices so that they can serve the food correctly.

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing a wedding website too- you're right, I think this is the best way to do it; I'll just have to make it VERY CLEAR on the invitations that's what I need people to do!

Fortunately our family / friends are all pretty tech-savvy so it shouldn't be a problem....! ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Will there ever be more than two people on an invitation? Families for instance?

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

The only people who've had a problem with the website are a couple of older people but they're only coming to the evening so it wasn't a big deal. So far I've only had good feedback.

• stoice
    Beginner September 2013
    stoice ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to do a print out for each person on the invitation so there is no confusion.

Something like this...

• stoice
    Beginner September 2013
    stoice ·
    • Hide content

Not sure why it's stretched like that ?

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

That's a good idea. Like the DJ request bit!! ?

There will only be max 2 people per response, no kiddiewinks to worry about!

But I like this. Might pinch your idea! (and your menu sounds delish!)

• stoice
    Beginner September 2013
    stoice ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. Pinch away.

When we had our tasting we couldn't believe how scrummy it was - better than some restaurants we've been to.
    Hope it's just as nice (and hot) on the day as I've been to so many weddings where I'm the last table to be served and the veg is cold. ?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Maybe request that they pop a number in the box for how many of each choice they want?

• Becca
    Beginner July 2021 North Yorkshire
    Becca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did you do this on the hitched wedding website? I can't figure out how to do it?

I only get the option for them to make one selection - like vegetarian for example. Not a selection for starters, mains, and desserts. I'm desperately trying to work out how to do it!

Regards

Becca

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics