Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chris
Beginner August 2023 Staffordshire

Menu Options

Chris, 19 of December of 2022 at 22:53 Posted on Feedback to Hitched 2 18

Can we get some guidance on how to add more menu options.

At the moment we are trying to give guests multiple options for starters / mains / desserts (2 options and a vegetarian for each) - however the menu options against the event (Wedding breakfast) only allows for 1 option to be selection from a list. We can't create multiple menus against an event or a sub-menu which would allow multiple options to be selected.

Can we get some guidance on this as this is a bit of a deal breaker at the moment for this website.

18 replies

Latest activity by Gemma, 17 of February of 2024 at 11:47
  • L
    Beginner May 2024 Wiltshire
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, did you get any answers for this? I’d love to know how to have multiple menu lists, as I agree, it is a bit of a deal breaker!
  • Chris
    Beginner August 2023 Staffordshire
    Chris ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did come up with a solution ourselves as Hitched didn't fix this. What we did was create options for all of the different combinations. So we had 2 starters, mains and desserts so we has made options for every combination.

Option 1: Starter 1 / main 1 / dessert 1
    Option 2: Starter 1 / main 1 / dessert 2Option 3: Starter 1 / main 2 / dessert 1Option 4: Starter 1 / main 2 / dessert 2 Option 5: Starter 2 / main 1 / dessert 1Option 6: Starter 2 / main 1 / dessert 2Option 7: Starter 2 / main 2 / dessert 1Option 8: Starter 2 / main 2 / dessert 2Option 9: Vegetarian
    It was the only way we could do it. If we hadn't already paid for the upgrade and put so much work in to other areas we would have changed to another platform.
    Hope this helps you make a decision 😊Chris x

• S
    Beginner May 2024 Co Londonderry
    Simon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for this. Its not the ideal solution but its the only one that seems to work!

• L
    Beginner September 2024 East Sussex
    Linsey ·
    • Hide content
    So annoying! I’m in the same situation. I think I’m going to turn off the track menus option, put the food options on the day invites only and ask them to give us their option through the contact us section. Then just put on to a spreadsheet. I can’t see another easy option!
  • Ellen
    Beginner June 2024 Kent
    Ellen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for this. I've spent hours trying to find ways around this. Paying Premium expected a lot more flexibility with this platform Smiley sad

• Ellen
    Beginner June 2024 Kent
    Ellen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Feel your pain Smiley sad

• Ellen
    Beginner June 2024 Kent
    Ellen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here's a tip to work out the Peermutations. Go to ChatGPT and type in "I have several menu selection choices for my wedding. There are 3 courses. The first course has XX or XX. The second course has XX or XX or XX. The third course has XX or XX. What are the potential permutations and can you write them out" did it for me in seconds and then I added each as an option as per Chris' helpful advice.

• Emily
    Beginner July 2024 West Sussex
    Emily ·
    • Hide content

What I've done is put the menu options on the RSVP section of the website with all the detail. Then added 4 sections to the ceremony part called:

Choose your starter

Choose your main

Choose your dessert

Reception (for those only invited to the evening)

Then, those invited to the whole day will RSVP with their menu choices. For the starter I put these for the options:

Lobster Taco

Scallops

Duck

Flower Pot (vg)

... but all the detail of each dish was in the copy on the RSVP page. So they choose what they want there and then RSVP by selecting each course option. Does that make sense?! haha I agonised over this for ages but got it so it worked well. I also did tested this out (see pics).

Hope this helps!

Menu Options 1

Menu Options 2

Menu Options 3

• C
    Beginner May 2024 Durham
    Carol ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I don’t want any food choices and it’s coming up with great long lists of food choices. How do you turn off the track menus option? 🤷🏻‍♀️Thanks
  • T
    Savvy May 2024 Buckinghamshire
    T S ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Go to the Guestlist section > Wedding Breakfast > Settings and then you can untick Track Menus in there.

That’s the process on the app, probably similar on the web version too
  • C
    Beginner May 2024 Durham
    Carol ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. It was switched off under wedding breakfast and evening reception but was ticked on on the ceremony section for whatever reason so hopefully that will sort it now!! Many thanks
  • H
    Beginner September 2024 Lancashire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Emily,

are you able to share a screenshot of the page on your planning section so we can see it from the back end?

trying to do this following your advice but not sure i'm putting the choices in the right area

Thank you!

• Emily
    Beginner July 2024 West Sussex
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey! I'll do my best to show you...

So I clicked the plus on the right-hand side and added the event 'choose your starter'. Make sure 'Track menus' is ticked like below:

Then a bit further down you have 'menus' which I just deleted them all and started again. I changed each option to one of the options I have as my starters and then click on done. It does only let you add in a certain number of characters so try and condense it if you can and then tell them the full menu elsewhere on your site.

Then when they go in to RVSP, they'll put in name/surname and this option will come up (I'll show you one of my live ones who haven't RSVPd yet!)

Then when you want to view the choices, it gives you a summary of the confirmed guests sorted by which starter they choose.

You just do the same for the other menu choices - and voila. It's been interesting as our older guests seem to have just 'got it' and RSVP absolutely fine - it's the younger ones that are like 'what do I have to do?!' lol.

Happy to clarify further if needed!

• Tracey
    Beginner June 2024 Powys
    Tracey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is really really helpful thank you! I don't quite understand how you managed to set it up to choose from three lists of starters, mains and desserts - if the menu is listed on your RSVP page (very clever!) how did they select 1 starter and 1 main? Sorry if I am missing the obvious!

• Tracey
    Beginner June 2024 Powys
    Tracey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is sooooooo helpful!! Thank you SO SO much!!! Smiley smile

• Shannon
    Beginner October 2024 Pembrokeshire
    Shannon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey, Im finding the menu selection so annoying so I created a menu page and asked guests to send us a form or leave comment in RSVP of menu choice. I turned off Menu tracking however hasn't updated on the website and people are still seeing the dropdown?! what can I do x

• H
    Beginner September 2024 Lancashire
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley heart amazing thank you!!

• G
    Beginner June 2024 Northumberland
    Gemma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for this what an absolute pain!! Going I have to try and change all of it to this 😫

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics