Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsey
Curious February 2024 Lincolnshire

Menu with Invites or on Website

Lindsey, 29 of March of 2022 at 21:16 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 6

Hi fellow future weds!

Just a quick question! My fiancé and I will be mailing out formal invitation; however, we will be having guests RSVP 100% on our website (this will also include selecting their wedding breakfast choices from a drop down menu with the RSVP form).

I've seen some of our friends include the menu options/descriptions with the formal invitation. Do you think we should include it, or just have a tab on our website for the menu options and their descriptions to save on the stationery cost (since guests will have to go to the website anyway to RSVP).

Thanks so much! Happy Planning!

6 replies

Latest activity by Lindsey, 31 of March of 2022 at 16:11
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    I’d save on costs and just have it online! When we sent our invites we didn’t include anything else so that guests had to go for the website for everything. It’s easier and cheaper IMO - win win!
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi! Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it!

Wonderful! We always love cheaper Smiley laugh We'll definitely go with having the menu on the website!

Thanks again!

• T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol 😆 it’s so true!! One of the key deciding factors on so many wedding purchases, after ‘do I really need this?’ 😂
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We have done all our invites by email, it is free, sustainable and a lot easier to include all the info you need. We did design an invitw on Canva with the key info and attached it to the email. We also attached the menu and added the menu choices to the site to let them add on their RSVP, however, as we had 3 choices for each course it got messy and some people missed the boxes so I had to chase,. In the end we sent a seperate email with the menu on and asked them to reply with their choices and i added them to a spreadsheet, it was a bot time consuming but no less than haveing to chase and update the website.

We have also created pages on our site for each part of the day, so one for the ceremony, reception and evening. We have added all the info and directions to each page and we have several restrictions at our venue so added to the site. We will also be sending a whats app to guyests the week before with the link again so they can access it easily on the day fromtheir phones if they need to check anything rather than having to remember to bring paper copies

• Lindsey
    Lindsey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Charlotte! Thanks for responding, I really appreciate it!

Okay great! I like the idea of having it on the website and emailing the menu separately as well!
    Thanks so much 😁
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol yes! I add everything to the list, look at the final price, and go “HA just kidding” 😂😂😂

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics