Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs Bass
Beginner March 2011

message tree versus guest book!

Mrs Bass, 26 August, 2010 at 21:27 Posted on Planning 0 8

Ive seen a lovely guest book in M&S and ive thought about having polaroid pic of guests next to their messages.

now we have booked our Tog and he does an option where he will print out all our pics and we do our own album. OH mentioned that this may be handy as one of my SIL is a professional TOG and the other a very good amature TOG and we may want to add some of their pics to our album!

then i thought about doing the guest book the other way around and if we have a message tree (like a wish tree) where our guests will write their message on a luggage tag and hang on a tree. then we can add their tags/messages in the photo album next to the right guests photo!

also instead of guests of waiting for the book to be free, they can all take away a tag to fill out!

just wondering a) who has done a message tree and how you did 'the tree'

b) what do you think of the idea?!

Thank you in advance for any thoughts/advice!!! x

8 replies

Latest activity by TheCakeNinja, 27 August, 2010 at 14:58
  • Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I think I'd prefer a book but the tree idea still sounds great.

• tinks269
    Beginner February 2011
    tinks269 ·
    • Hide content

I am doing a wish tree as think that it will be easier to get everyone to write on it without having an usher rushing round trying to get everyone. In my wildest dreams it will look something like this.

• mrsjbw2b
    Beginner August 2010
    mrsjbw2b ·
    • Hide content

If i got married again , i would do a tree, as it was i did a book, we put it right by the door, nobody noticed it , and by the time i realised and got it going round the room half the people had left lol

• DanniB
    Curious July 2023 Buckinghamshire
    DanniB ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We had a wish tree at out wedding on 31st July. We went the whole hog and actually used a tree! I have attached a few pics, we used lots of ribbon and the black and white pic is one of my faves from the day!

https://myaccount.photobox.co.uk/?album_id=28986598

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

We will be having either a Wish tree or a Wish box.. Either way, guests will write their wishes to us on a card/tag and post it in the Wish box or hang it on the Wish tree. We will then add all the tags to a nice wedding scrapbook with photos etc. Be nice to look back on rather than just a guestbook which has a few pages worth of messages then the rest of the book blank.

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Oh Tinks that is mighty pretty!!!!!!

Dani your tree looks beautiful, my only fear is as im getting married in March it is likely to rain and they will get soggy or it will be so cold no one will want to go out!!! It look so nice with the ribbons though!

I really think that it will be the best way to get everyone to leave a message and so long as i ensure we dont loose any we'll b able to keep them all in an album!

I have memories when i was little at Easter my mum getting arts and crafty and painting a branch and hanging wooden eggs on it, im imagining something like this. I think I may be stealing a little more 'jazzy' inspiration from Tinks now though ?

• Blackkat
    Beginner July 2008
    Blackkat ·
    • Hide content

Ck inI put photo corners in my guset book and wrote people's names on each page. I had 6 bridesmaids and 5 best men and each was given a list of 5 couples/familes and it was their responsiblity to get those people to get a portrait photo taken by our 2nd tog and to sign in the book which we had out from the meal onwards. My mum still has the guest book but she's looked & we're only 5 people short of comments & I intend to email them to ask them to write something so we can stick it in. Our professional pics aren't done yet but hopefully all the photos got taken, if not I'll have to crop them out of the group ones.

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

I love the idea of a tree as it looks really nice in the room and it quite fun.

Any ideas where you get them from?!

• TheCakeNinja
    TheCakeNinja ·
    • Hide content

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics