Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner

messed up my points - Wetherspoons soup 10.5 points!!!!

kylieanne, 23 of February of 2009 at 14:44 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 3

I've buggered up with my points! Whilst trying to be good yesterday I managed to eat 19.5 points on just my lunch (and that's without even trying to be a piggie!!!) In Wetherspoons I ordered a crayfish baguette (9 pts) and also had a bowl of tomato and basil soup, which I thought would be a couple of points! I just checked the esource database and it says Wetherspoons tomato and basil soup is 10.5 points. How can it be that many? It wasn't a creamy soup!!!

This is the danger with eating out I suppose. I'm going to have to try to undo the damage by having a really good couple of days before weigh-in on Thursday. Think I'll have to go and make some zero points soup and have that over the next couple of days.

3 replies

Latest activity by kylieanne, 23 of February of 2009 at 18:29
  • F
    Beginner
    fruby ·
    • Hide content

Just looked in the eating out guide and that includes baguette and butter. Did you have those too? That could add at least 3 points-probably more- making the soup itself much less then 10.5.

I had a gorgeous pizza in Ask the other day and checked the points after eating it to find it was 16.5!!! ?Given that I normally stick to 18 a day it was a bit of a shock!

• barongreenback
    Beginner September 2004
    barongreenback ·
    • Hide content

The points killer in most restaurant meals (although I hesitate to award that term to Weatherspoons) is oil and fat. There will have been a healthy helping of olive oil in that soup no doubt, which pushes up the points value big style. Likewise with the seemingly innocent pizza (oil drizzled on top, oil in base, oil in tomato sauce etc).

• F
    Beginner
    fruby ·
    • Hide content

It did have a suspicious sheen to it BGB!!

Mind you I don't think the blue cheese and goats cheese on it helped either! (But it was very tasty)

• K
    Beginner
    kylieanne ·
    • Hide content

I didn't have the bread and butter with the soup, because of the baguette, but I'm a bit miffed now that I've wasted all those lunch points on soup and a sandwich ( I can think of better uses of 19pts!!) Oh well, I'll learn from this blunder (bloody Wetherpoons soup!!!) I'll also be a bit more wary of soups that have hidden points in them. I was assuming that tomato would be low in points. Must check the eating out guide in future.

Thanks guys

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics