Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

charlottelucy
Beginner August 2012

Mexico Honeymoon Weather in August

charlottelucy, 11 October, 2011 at 15:28 Posted on Planning 0 9

OH and I had our heart set on the El Dorado Seaside Suites in Riviera Maya for our honeymoon which was originally meant to be the end of July, we then moved our wedding back by 3 weeks due to the Olympics and will be honeymooning mid-end August.

My only concern is now even though its only a few weeks later is that if we go to Mexico during this time the weather is going to be bad due to their hurricane season. I have heard mixed reviews from people to say it will only be half a hours rain here and there which is bearable then I have heard other stories about tropical storms :/

So....has anyone been during mid/end of August who can tell me what its like or know anyone else that has been during this time of year? Whenever we have been to the travel agents they say it could rain and I can think of nothing worse than spending over 3k on a honeymoon and then sitting in the hotel all day!

thank you x

9 replies

Latest activity by charlottelucy, 12 October, 2011 at 08:11
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It could have its benefits.... Smiley winking

I think it's really difficult to predict the weather in hurricane season. In Florida, we saw short sharp bursts of rain, thunder and lightening at this time of year, every single day, for about 30 mins. But it was sunny otherwise.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ive been to the carribean in august and ive only ever had experiences of short shap bursts of rain (which in the heat is welcome!!). i think its later on towards end fo sept they get really heavy long showers!

ETA - thats where we are heading on our honeymoon Smiley smile

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It looks amazing! We have tried to find other places that wouldnt be affected by the weather but nothing is matching up to El Dorado for us x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Eek! I hadn't heard this at all! We are booked to go to El Dorado early-mid Aug, all the recs were for here instead of Hawaii, Carribean etc in terms of weather.

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I went to Mexico in August about 9 years ago and it did rain a little, but just short sharp showers. I don't think you can guarentee the weather. We're going to EDSS in June for our honeymoon, can't wait!

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahh we might bump into you then Smiley winking x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hurrah another honeymoon twin Smiley smile KBS is also going here - flying out on the same flight as us actually on the 6th. It looks so beautiful. I keep looking at all the maxi dresses on sale and thinking I should really grab some honeymoon bargains...

What dates are you hoping to book for?

• niknaks22
    Beginner August 2012
    niknaks22 ·
    • Hide content

We are looking at Mexico in August too, and have heard the same things; short showers and hot the rest of the time.

We are also looking at flying out on 6th, but can't decide which hotel yet :/

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

We will fly on 20th so will give us a day between the wedding and leaving for honeymoon!

Wsa talking with OH about it again last night and we really cant choose anywhere else so think we're going to chance it and book on Monday Smiley smile xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics