Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

cheska
Beginner May 2009

Microdermabrasion - anyone had it???

cheska, 4 of February of 2009 at 20:41 Posted on Planning 0 9

Has anyone had microdermabrasion before? My skin is going through a stressful phase so thinking about going for it. Just wanted to see if anyone had been and what you thought?

I want to be all glowy on the big day and at the moment i am anything but! Hope its just the weather - roll on spring!!

9 replies

Latest activity by Micheljack, 30 of September of 2023 at 16:24
  • lauralil
    Beginner September 2010
    lauralil ·
    • Hide content

I have used the Boots No7 kit that I got as a freebie, and it was fab! If my skin goes bad again (not too bad at the moment) then I will definitely use it again Smiley smile

• Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I got the Boots time delay version, I always forget to do it but it is great when I remember, my skin looks fab the next day...would definitely reccomend!

• cheska
    Beginner May 2009
    cheska ·
    • Hide content

Thats me sold then! *heads off to check out boots.com*

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I have it done at the beauty salon every 3 months. It's called Crystal and it works by blasting tiny crystals onto your face which takes the top two layers of dead skin away leaving new skin underneath. It also removes any blackheads, whiteheads or blocked pores. It's followed by a non-surgical facelift which smooths out lines and wrinkles and lifts sagging skin. It's not an unpleasant procedure - in fact it's quite relaxing. It's also really good for sensitive skin (like mine!). Afterwards, your face is a little bit flushed - similarliar to if you had been sat in the sun for an hour - and you can't wear make up (or sit in the sun) for 24 hrs. After a couple of days, your skin feels and looks great. Make up just glides on and your face feels all toned up. It's great for blemishes too. My salon charges £34 and it lasts around an hour. I've been having this done for around 2 years now and can highly recommend it.

• Nicola Grimshaw-Mitchell
    Nicola Grimshaw-Mitchell ·
    • Hide content

Hi Cheska! I've seen your skin up close and you needed very little editing after - you have lovely skin! If you do fancy MD then have it done well before your wedding as i've heard it can bring you out in a crop of spots before it gets better!

Nicola

x

• sara252
    Beginner January 2007
    sara252 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Does anyone know how far inadvance you need it - how long to the spots last if you get them and can you do your chest/shoulders as well as your face - my skin there is worse than my face!

sx

• cheska
    Beginner May 2009
    cheska ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Nicola! I think its the cold weather this week I just look very unhealthy and need something to make me glow again.

rainbow - I think they do the MD at a salon near me so going to make an appt tomorrow. I heard to leave it at least 2/3 weeks before the wedding??

• Little.Miss-Scatterbrain
    Beginner September 2009
    Little.Miss-Scatterbrain ·
    • Hide content

I got the philosophy one but have been too scared to use it! does it leave you all red like a peel?

x

• BonnieLass
    BonnieLass ·
    • Hide content

Hi there, maybe I can help...I am a beauty therapist & used to do microdermabrasion treatments.

It really depends on your skin type as to how many treatments/how often you need them & also how your skin reacts.

If you've generally normal/oily normal/dry skin and you're just looking for some brightening etc, I would recommend that you have a few sessions, one a month before the wedding. But no closer than a few weeks to the wedding.

As I said, different people react in different ways to the treatment, some are just slightly red for an hour or two, some get slight peeling. The first treatment is likely to be one where you notice the most difference.

HTH - let me know if you want any more info! xoxox

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics