Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flowmojo
Beginner

Minced Beef recipe!

Flowmojo, 8 August, 2012 at 11:18 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 12

Mr F has just notified me that last night he took out the whole pack of minced beef from the freezer and rather then half it and put one half back IN,he lefts it out so its defrosted, needs to be eated today!

Seeing as we had spag bol yesterday im not keen on having it two days in a row ?

Give me some ideas, not chilli as im off that at the moment!!

12 replies

Latest activity by Vanilla Pod, 8 August, 2012 at 20:26
  • Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Shepherds pie?

Stir fry with the mince - cook it with five spice in the pan til it goes a bit crispy

Mince and chips (we love this at home - basically cook the mince up with onions and gravy and have with chips...yum)

Meat balls

Homemade burgers

Meatloaf

Lasagne

Canneloni

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Sherpherd's pie, lasagne, burgers. That's about as far as my culinary expertise stretches I'm afraid.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Keema curry?

Stew?

Mince and potatoes/dumplings?

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

You can freeze it again if you cook it into something? I'd just make a bit batch of bolognaise sauce with it then freeze again - ready for when you want to make a lasagne

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

Mince and beans?! I know it sounds disgusting but my grab used to make mince and bean pie every Saturday and it's my absolute favourite. You just cook the mince with onions and chuck a can of beans in for the last few minutes.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

I'd probably make burgers out of it.

Make 4 thin patties, and put 2 of them together with mozarella and sun dried tomato in the middle. A-MA-ZING!

And use ciabatta as the buns.

• gee_gee
    Beginner August 2013
    gee_gee ·
    • Hide content

Keema curry, shepherds pie, burgers are probably the easiest three I can think of. OH is the main cook around here!

• N
    Beginner January 2008
    niche79 ·
    • Hide content

I sometimes make a dish which is a spin on enchiladas with mince beef instead of chicken, but the mince in the middle is a chilli con carne base so you might want to think of an alternative flavour, maybe fajita mix ?

Anyway, make up the mince with whatever ingredients (I use mince, onions, sweetcorn, garlic and chilli con carne powder mix), wrap the mince in tortillas, place them in an oven dish and pour over red lasagne sauce then top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or so.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

Basically another version of spag bol but as a pasta bake? My mum makes it sometimes & its really nice - loads of oregano & cheese on top. Even throw in a few sundried tomatoes?

Also agree with the baked beans - a girl I lived with at uni made a mince & baked bean lasagne & it was well tasty.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My MIL makes mince pasta bake and it's yummy! She just puts cooked mince and pasta in together and cheese on top under the grill for a minute.

Glad I'm not the only one who likes the brand. One of my friends thought I was mental until she tried it!

• T
    Beginner January 2010
    Tinysarah ·
    • Hide content

How about getting an Old El Paso taco shell kit?

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Probs way too late now Floella but stuffed peppers are lovely with spicy mince.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics