Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner November 2009

Mini bottles of alcohol

AngeliB, 15 of August of 2009 at 23:15 Posted on Planning 0 15

Seem to be posting on here more and more for help as November approachs and I'm in panick mode!! argh

Anyway.. Has anyone gone for mini bottles of alcohol for favours?

I'm meeting with my reception venue ( a small hotel ) on Tuesday and going to ask them if it would be ok , seen as they sell alcohol. Has anyone had any problems with this? I really havn't a clue what they will say.

If they say yes (hurrah) can anyone reccomend where I can get some mini bottles of wine very cheap. The cheapest Ive seen so far is supermarkets 4 for a fiver offers!!! Im only going to need maybe a case of 24 so not buying bulk.

Many Thanks in advance for any help xxxx

15 replies

Latest activity by LuxuriousPurpleBridesmaid73066, 26 of June of 2019 at 19:49
  • Champagne
    Beginner June 2007
    Champagne ·
    • Hide content

It may be that your venue might have a problem, esp with it being wine, I think it might look a bit odd with large bottles of wine to be drunk and mini ones to take away which I suspect which just get drunk too?

My sister had mini vodkas for the men and around 1/2 were left behind.

• AliLindsey
    Beginner November 2009
    AliLindsey ·
    • Hide content

Firstly: When in November are you? I'm the 7th.

Secondly: I think mini bottles are really quite tacky to be honest! Not everyone drinks, and I do think there's a danger of making your table look a bit messy. If you want something alcohol related, how about wine charms?

• trikebabe
    Beginner September 2009
    trikebabe ·
    • Hide content

Hi i got mini bottles of whiskey for the mens favours and put them into tuxedo boxes. I,ll pm you later as ive my bridesmaids arriving for a dress rehersal. Ive not asked my venue if it will be ok ! but its got me thinking on making them a phone call to check !!

• L
    Beginner August 2010
    louisep ·
    • Hide content

I love minitures as favors but unfortunately our venue will not allow them to be given as favors.

• diamondsragirlsbestfriend!
    Beginner May 2008
    diamondsragirlsbestfriend! ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

AngeliB

If you can't see what they are, I wouldn't bother ringing the venue to check. It will be too late once people open them up anyway and ignorance can sometimes be bliss.

AngeliB - I agree with Champagne, miniature wine bottles could look a bit odd and confusing on the table. Could you not get spirits?

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

We had vodka and whiskey bottles and not a single one was left and people really appreciated them. Not sure where we got them though H organised it all. Our venue didn't have a problem and I've been to loads of weddings who also allowed them. I'm not even sure if we asked the venue!

• A
    Beginner November 2009
    AngeliB ·
    • Hide content

Ohh thanks for all the replies. I think your totally right about the wine i didn't think of that.

I shall look into good old vodka and whisky! Now I'm just wondering what to disguise them in!

• A
    Beginner November 2009
    AngeliB ·
    • Hide content

Oh and AliLindsey Im the 6th - Have a family full of footballers so had to sacrifice a Saturday! Typical men!

• R
    Beginner August 2009
    Royalty ·
    • Hide content

We are having these and haven't even asked the venue!

We got them from just minatures.co.uk

• FIONATS73
    Beginner August 2009
    FIONATS73 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We have got brandy favours from these for the men, in boxes to. So you don't actually see what they are until you open the tube. There is only about 2 shots of brandy in them so can not see any venue having a problem with them. 2 shots of brandy is not going to lose them any business.

x

• delvesje
    Super November 2010
    delvesje ·
    • Hide content

We are having minature whisky with a little sporan key ring that fits over the neck of the bottles. Haven't asked the venue either!

• trikebabe
    Beginner September 2009
    trikebabe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats where i got mine from, they had a sale on and got mini whiskeys for 99p each, spoken to my venue they have no problem with it.

Here is a pic of the disgusted !! bought them off ebay n made up myself.

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

We are having mini whisky for the guys. I phoned the hotel to check it was ok and they've said its fine. I think it would be worth double checking though. Most places will be ok with it - you (and your guests) will be spending plenty of money during the day.

• K
    Beginner
    katieannesmith ·
    • Hide content

Most hotels are totally fine with it as its a wedding favour, got mine personalised from here and they are fab http://www.pinkproducts.co.uk/wedding_favours/15_0c.html

• H
    HappyPurpleCakes2555 ·
    • Hide content

You can try mini bottles of pink gin, i was tried that once. its good actually, i was order it from Just Miniatures

• L
    Dedicated June 2019
    LuxuriousPurpleBridesmaid73066 ·
    • Hide content

My hotel was fine with it and we got a mixture of different flavoured gins for the guests. Always best to check first though as one of my friends got married in a hotel that said no.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics