Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

tinkerbelly1983
Beginner October 2011

mini cakes *** flash***

tinkerbelly1983, 14 September, 2011 at 17:04 Posted on Planning 0 5

I am making my own wedding cake & decided on this

however, after a disastrous trial run ive been looking for alternatives and came across mini cakes like so

i think they look really good. my colours would be white cakes with orange ribbon & im thinking of choosing a few different designs & having a mixture. some will be topped with sugar flowers some will be leaves. and i just love these stripey ones

what do we think? also we will probably only have the top cutting cake plus 3 rows of minis. i am known in my family & friends for making cakes so i want it to be wow

5 replies

Latest activity by tizmelou, 14 September, 2011 at 18:54
  • RebeccaLou87
    Beginner October 2011
    RebeccaLou87 ·
    • Hide content

I think that's a great idea! The stripy ones are great!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Very nice but from personal experience of how much things can go wrong in the last few days (having spent 3 hours redoing our table plan today for the 3rd time) my only concern is will you have time to do all of that cake decorating in the last week, as obviously it's not really something you can do months in advance.

• schiocco
    Beginner July 2012
    schiocco ·
    • Hide content

I love the little stripy cakes! I've done miniature cakes a few times for Christmas (including little striped ones with Christmas puds on top!) but find them a LOT more time consuming than larger cakes. Personally, I'd only attempt them if they were all fruit and could be done well in advance. I do think they have the wow factor though!

• saspip
    Beginner May 2012
    saspip ·
    • Hide content

The striped ones are AMAZING!

• tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

Im thinking i can make the little flowers and leaves in advance so the fiddly bits will be done and not all of the will be striped . im quite confident i'll be able to do it, i have 10 days off before the wedding and im pretty good at icing so should be ok. some will be fruit too so i can do those now

• tizmelou
    Beginner September 2012
    tizmelou ·
    • Hide content

Love them! Good luck in doing them think you're very clever

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics