Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2013

Mini Cocktail Wedding Favours - Yes or No??

kat739, 20 February, 2013 at 12:40 Posted on Planning 0 10

As cocktail lovers we would like to use the popular cocktails as table names (sex on the beach, cosmopolitan etc) and I have been thinking of making mini cocktails as wedding favours which would correspond with the name of the table i.e everyone at the cosmopolitan table gets a mini cosmopolitan.

I have looked into it and you can buy personalised labels and mini bottles from ebay. The cocktails I can either make myself or buy the ready made ones from the supermarkets and distribute into the mini bottles.

What do people think about this idea? Is it a bit silly or too much hassle? Also, children will be at the wedding (not many, but a few) so is it appropriate? (Obviously the children would get something different!) I haven't checked with the venue but do you think it's something which venues wouldn't allow?

Sorry for all the Q's. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated :-)

Kat xx

10 replies

Latest activity by Chickster, 20 February, 2013 at 19:56
  • Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

I think it's a nice idea, you would definitely have to check with your venue! Personally I wouldn't have 'sex on the beach' as I think this cheapens the idea sorry!! X

• R
    Beginner March 2013
    Rachel0203 ·
    • Hide content

I also agree, think its a great idea and a nice idea for a favour. But not sex on the beach! The children can just have sweets or something.

I would do it if you like cocktails, I couldnt think of anything for table names as found it hard to get a good idea.

xx

• BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

We are using miniatures as our favours. For the kids (and my t-total bridesmaids!) we are using sweets - oh so original :-)

i think it's a great idea :-) but also think maybe not sex on the beach!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

It's quite a fun idea, but I can imagine it being a lot of work and I'm not sure everyone will appreciate them - what if they're on a table for a cocktail they don't like? Plus some cocktails like mojitos etc won't work being pre-made and put in mini bottles.

• BarcaGirl25
    Beginner April 2014
    BarcaGirl25 ·
    • Hide content

I was worried about people not liking the favour they get on ours too. But I think ours may be a little simpler as we are putting a choice of 6 on the RSVP card and they can pick!

Guess that could be a problem on a cocktail but if they are just a bit of fun people don't have to drink them as I am sure there will be other drinks available :-)

• K
    Beginner September 2013
    kat739 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies :-) I agree maybe sex on the beach a bit tacky!

Won't be offended if people won't like them I'm sure they'll be plenty of people who will if I know my family as well as I think!

I will check with the venue though.

Thanks again xx

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

I like the idea, and I too love cocktails! We did cocktail making for my hen do.

I'd do little labels with how to make the cocktail on it too.

Please have sex on the beach and sit great aunty mildred on that table ?

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Nice idea !

The labels will probably be to small to write on them how the cocktail is made , but you could make the table number/name cards with the instructions on it so everyone can read them.

• B
    Beginner August 2013
    Bee26 ·
    • Hide content

I had this exact same idea so I think its great! Unfortunately my venue doesnt allow any outside catering and for them to do it would have cost loads Smiley sad

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Love the idea- but make your own most of these shop brought pre mixed are sickly sweet and taste rank!

Alternatively you can get things like this that look quite cool http://www.fabulousfavours.co.uk/raspberry-mix-wedding-favour

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

As others have said, check with your venue that it is ok because some venues charge a corkage fee - our venue said they charged £20 per bottle corkage, even for miniatures so that was one idea out of the window!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics