Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LottaVictualia
Savvy

Mini Cooper hire in the South West?

LottaVictualia, 15 August, 2011 at 09:24 Posted on Planning 0 4

We are looking to hire a (vintage) mini cooper as our wedding car and 'do a Will and Kate' (OH's words) from the church back to the venue. I am having trouble finding one though in the area. Does anyone know of anywhere?

4 replies

Latest activity by hannioli, 17 August, 2011 at 11:13
  • MrsJenLarkin
    Beginner January 2012
    MrsJenLarkin ·
    • Hide content

I keep telling my other half to hire out his classic mini but he gets really funny with other people wanting to drive her. She would make a beautiful wedding car for someone.

This is Bessie. Matt's first ever car when he passed his test. He sold her a few years after to get a bigger car, then 10 years down the line, she was so sale on ebay just around the corner from us, she he brought her back and restored her to her former glory and even though I am not the biggest mini fan, she is actually quite nice, although a bit bouncy along the roads compared to cars nowadays.

• LottaVictualia
    Savvy
    LottaVictualia ·
    • Hide content

Oh what a tease lol ? I think your OH could make a bit of money with this, and I must say Bessie is a beauty!

Maybe I should try classic mini clubs and see whether this gets me anywhere.

• MrsJenLarkin
    Beginner January 2012
    MrsJenLarkin ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to get your hopes up chic.

I know my husband goes on a Mini Forum somewhere, it might be worth putting a post up on there to see if anyone with a nice mini is willing to do a small favour?! You can always ask I feel.

Lol I keeping telling him about Bessie, but he won't have it. We take her to the mini shows and she gets loads on interest. If he took the front passenger seat out, you'd squeeze a bride and her dress in! xx

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Contact a Mini owners club- we found all of them very willing to help when we emailed the ones near us.

Am VERY jealous if you get a mini though!!!!

• hannioli
    Beginner April 2012
    hannioli ·
    • Hide content

Www.theminiforum.com is a mini forum that has a lot of members, someone on there might be willing to lend you their mini, though most likely they'd rather drive it themselves as the chaffeur. I know I wouldn't want to let a stranger drive mine...

There are sections for local clubs on the forum section as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics