Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner December 2014

Miniature Games for the Table

WinterBride14, 30 of January of 2014 at 10:20 Posted on Planning 0 10

Hi

MY OH & I came up with the idea to provide little miniature games (such as noughts & crosses, snakes & ladders, tiddlywinks, table trivia etc) for the tables to get the guests enjoying themselves & interacting with each other. However, I'm not sure where or even IF anywhere sells them.....do any of you lovely people have any ideas where I could get them?

10 replies

Latest activity by WinterBride14, 30 of January of 2014 at 13:24
  • D
    Beginner April 2014
    DaisyDot ·
    • Hide content

Ebay? I was looking at these for the older 'kids' at our wedding to keep them entertained, they do noughts and crosses etc: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251232434796?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 xx

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

We're having monopoly deal cards on our tables. Have you tried amazon or firebox? You can get travel versions too, they're miniature!

Debbi xx

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Monopoly Deal Cards? What are they?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

MY OH & I came up with the idea to provide little miniature games (such as noughts & crosses, snakes & ladders, tiddlywinks, table trivia etc) alcohol for the tables to get the guests enjoying themselves & interacting with each other.

Fixed for you Smiley winking

• MischiefMumma
    Beginner August 2014
    MischiefMumma ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hasbro-Games-02231-Monopoly-Deal/dp/B001RA3GWQ

Its that ^^ Its really good fun, we played it in florida, but our table plan is monopoly themed so it fits in perfectly!!

Debbi

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

If only it was that simple. We just want to make the day as fun for everyone as possible & whilst we are providing alcohol (of course!) I personally don't want lots of drunken fools everywhere so I won't be supplying that much for them.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is there a bar open...? Smiley winking

I'm not keen on table games. As an adult, I am perfectly able to make conversation with a wide range of people, to the point of having fun. They all have you guys in common so there is always an obvious topic to talk about.

If you pursue this though, I would caution against board games like Snakes and Ladders etc. That would require people to get off their seats, otherwise they sit back and don't' really engage. Quizzes seem fairly popular and you can add little questions to people's place cards - who has known the bride the longest? who has travelled the furthest? etc.

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a wedding once with trivia cards on the table, they were basically general knowledge questions but got everyone talking and were great fun. It's a good way to break the ice if you have people sitting together who don't know each other.

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Ladies

In answer to "is there a Bar Open".....yes there will be but not one that we'll be putting lots of money behind!

We really like the idea of the trivia cards & I know you can get some pretty wedding-y ones so we'll definitely go for some of those.

• W
    Beginner December 2014
    WinterBride14 ·
    • Hide content

We went to a wedding recently where there were photos of the bride and groom and we had to come up with captions - the best/funniest/rudest ones were then later read out by the best man.

Oooh....now I like this idea....could be funny.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics