Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

FHB
Beginner March 2014

Mini-moon suggestions for south of scotland

FHB, 13 of January of 2014 at 18:52 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hello

OH and I want a 2-3 day break somewhere from Perth downwards but still in Scotland. We want somewhere a little luxurious but not at ridiculous prices, does anybody have any recommendations?

thanks

4 replies

Latest activity by Tiny-Tiggs, 14 of January of 2014 at 19:07
  • SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

Cameron House at Loch Lomond? The Witchery in Edinburgh? Gleneagles?

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

It's just a little bit East of Perth, but we've stayed at Piperdam Golf & Leisure resort a few times and it's lovely. We stay in the Muirloch Executive Lodges which are really modern and spacious with a gorgeous big bedroom, a log burner and your own private hot tub. All self catering too so you're not tied into breakfast/dinner times etc.

• F&GBride
    Beginner May 2014
    F&GBride ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest the Atholl Palace hotel in Pitlochry (but that about 20 mins North of Perth so may not be what you want).

You could try the Cardrona hotel in Peebles.

Stobo castle in the Borders is meant to be amazing with the spa but it would cost a bit more. You could always go for a spa afternoon though if you were staying anywhere nearby.

I also like SunnyOrangeFlowers' suggestion of Loch Lomond - beautiful scenery.

• C
    Beginner April 2014
    cearstaidh ·
    • Hide content

How about greywalls in Gullane. Awesome food and a gorgeous beach.

Plenty places to stay in Edinburgh and the surrounding area. Kind of depends what you're looking for... do you want spa, just a nice hotel, what do you enjoy doing whilst on your holidays? What time of year? Why you thinking south of Scotland? Personally I prefer north and West. Have you been to torridon or Applecross?

• Tiny-Tiggs
    Beginner April 2012
    Tiny-Tiggs ·
    • Hide content

This place (area and scenery) is absolutely to die for, the hotel itself is ok, good for the price, the rooms are nothing really special (although we just had a standard double there will be much nicer ones available) but the bar and restaurant are lovely and you can eat in the conservatory looking out over the loch and mountains. There's a pool and jacuzzi as well.

https://www.akkeronhotels.com/Hotels/Scottish-Highlands/Isles-of-Glencoe/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics