Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner November 2014

Minimum numbers- slight panic!

Wife In Training, 5 of January of 2014 at 20:01 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all,

Does anyone know what happens if you can't/don't meet minimum numbers for your wedding breakfast and/or reception?

We have an inclusive package with our hotel which requires a minimum of 50 adult guests at the wedding breakfast. We have 49 adults on our guest list (and several children which don't count towards the numbers) but I'm worried about what might happen if some of our adults can't attend.

I have emailed the hotel to ask but I'm starting to panic whilst waiting for them to respond!!

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer!

☹️

6 replies

Latest activity by claireanne89, 5 of January of 2014 at 20:34
  • OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

I would have thought that you will just be charged for the minimum, so you'll have to pay for one extra meal.

• W
    Beginner March 2014
    WelshSam ·
    • Hide content

I think you might be expected to pay. Luckily we don't have an minimum. Do you have any other people who can make up the numbers if people can't attend?

• C
    Beginner May 2014
    claireanne89 ·
    • Hide content

Our minimum is 90!! But any less they charge us £35 per person.

They will make up pay something, maybe not the full cost of the person.

• W
    Beginner November 2014
    Wife In Training ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for responding so quickly : )

We probably do have other people we could ask but we were hoping to keep the day guests to just family and close friends and invite other friends like work colleagues to the evening time.

Sorry to go slightly off topic but how does this best work in terms of invitations? Is it okay to send the 'whole day' invites out first and the evening only invites out later when the RSVP's to the whole day invites are in? Otherwise we might get in to a situation where we have to ask someone who was originally given an evening invite to come to the day instead after they've already received the evening invite!

Sorry if that doesn't make sense!!

• W
    Beginner November 2014
    Wife In Training ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my goodness! How close to 90 do you think you will get? Does this minimum number include children?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a good plan just make sure you allow enough time to do the 2 rounds of invites.

• C
    Beginner May 2014
    claireanne89 ·
    • Hide content

We're dead on 90 at the moment, fingers crossed everyone we've invited can come.

We're not having children at the wedding as none of our close family or friends have any, so it's 90 adults!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics