Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

Mini's wedding report- Flash heavy and now complete!

*Mini*, 12 of October of 2011 at 18:24 Posted on Planning 0 107

So here it is the wedding report I have been struggling to think of writing since our incredible day. Just to start I want to say as cheesy as it is it was an amazing day- I had the best fun, danced the night away with the people I love most in the world and everything went to plan. There were a few small details that didn’t pan out as they should have done but I honestly didn’t care.

Now I know this report wont be the most eloquent- it certainly wont be the best typed and I am afraid I cannot tell a story as beautifly as some but I have tried to compensate for this by filling it with pictures!

MrMini and I took the week off before the wedding as I was paranoid that I would not get everything done. Needless to say I have as ever been very organised over the last 2 years and we sepnt alot of the week just chilling out and spending time together which between children and work does is a rareity. We even had a “non wedding day” on the Wednesday where we went out for lunch and to a farm and just focused on us.

Monday- my big sis and one of my BM’s came over to help me pack everything into boxes and assemble the favours and table plan- my sis was amazing at this and took total control as I was in a bit of a flap. It was really nice to be able to choose what teacups what guests would get and I could relax once all of the boxes were packed and I had drawn out intricate plans for the venue to stick to when setting up the tables.

Tuesday was his n hers hair dressing day. MrMini is metosexual and loves a bit of pampering and looking after himself so it was only right we should go and get our hair done together. MrMini made a snap decision to cut all his hair off! The hairdresser was wary being so close to the big day but we were adamament that it was the right thing to do- needless to say it took some getting used to but he looked so handsome on the big day it was worth it- his old hair just wouldn’t have worked with the style we had.

Thursday was nail day. My mum and sister all went to get out nails done. After that it was off for a fishy pedicure with MrMini and I which was nice once you got used to the tickle- I cant say my feet were much better afterwards but it was nice to sit in a salon and chill out together. After that we went for a drink at our local and out for dinner as this was going to be the last night spent together as single people. We ate and drank well and juts chatted about the day and what we were looking forwards to happening as well as what we were worried about.

Friday- I was up at 5, to wired to sleep but also had the feeling that something was not quite right. Went to the loo only to realise that I had cystitis (sorry if TMI) Having suffered with it in the past i knew those little sachets were not going to cut it so I knew i needed antibiotics- of all the times to get it! I couldn’t do anything until 8.30 so tried to calm myself down by realing my GL thread and signing off Hitched. As soon as the GP opend I was ont the phone only to be told I would have to wait for the Dr to call me back- didn’t she know I was getting married in the morning dammit?!! All i could do was carry on my morning as planned and wait. It got to 9 and I needed to go to the beauty salon and MrMini needed to take the many boxes to the venue- I hopped in the car and hope for the best! Saying goodbye to MrMini was so hard. I cried my eyes out- it all became a bit overwheleming when I realised that the next time I saw him it would be waiting for me at the end of the ailse.

The Dr called *just* as the lady started on my eyebrow wax and very nicely said he would write me a pescripiton for antibiotics withot seeing me- horaay! So after feeling totally pampered i did a mad dash to pick up the drugs, buycranberry juice and get the last minuite pressies- it was typical planning on our part that we got paid the day before our wedding- doh!! I also treated myself to some new perfume and a bracelet for the big day as I had deduced that my hints to the OH had not worked and I would not be unwrapping these in the morning- he didn’t realise he was supposed to buy me something for the wedding day itself!

I was spending the night before at my mum and dads- I chilled with my sister and BM’s until Dinner which was a lovely affair with 2 out of 3 BM’s my big sis and my mum and dad. We had a good old chat and even at this point it had not sunk it yet- I was getting married! After dinner my mum got out the wine and “nibbles” I am not sure how manay people she thought were coming over but there were more olives and tubs of Pringles than Sainsburys itself. I gave out my presies and cards to my BM’s and my parents which caused much crying all round and then all 3 BM’s, both my sisters and my mum sat and chatted all night with some music on- it was lovely. We wandered off to bed very early- about 10.30 and surprisingly afer a bit of chatting we all drifted of- it felt very surreal being in my old childhood bedroom with 2 out of my 3 best friends (the third BM lives round the corner from my mums and has a LO so couldn’t stay) it felt like it could have been any night from the past 12 years.....

107 replies

Latest activity by *Mini*, 1 of December of 2013 at 21:32
  • Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

Have I missed something - where's the rest.............sounds lovely so far.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I woke, as I had all week about 5 and tried to sleep. I knew my CBM was awake in the bed next to me (the other BM was snoring heavily) but I still snuck downstairs, put the telly on and made a cup of tea. I wanted to collect my thoughts and try and take in what was happening. CBM came down too and admitted she had been up most of the night as she was too excited to sleep! Gradually my family came down and we decided to watch the rugby and eat bacon sandwiches- my appetite was not suffering at all at this point and I merrily munched my way through 2- no pre wedding diet for this bride!

Time was going so slowly and no one seemed to know when we could start getting ready, my very clever dad decided that we may as well open a bottle of champers

and that tided up over until my hairdresser and make up lady arrived together! From then on time seemed to go very quickly.

Me and my CBM

There was a slight awkward moment when we realised that to get my t-shirt off we would have to cut me out of it...well I suppose it was a symbolic way to end the morning.

My auntie arrived from Leicester with my flowers (which I saw for the first time that day) and Before

I knew it both togs had turned up and I was upstairs getting my dress on. None of my BM’s had seen my dress and they all cried when they saw me in it- that’s the reaction I wanted!

There seemed to be a whirlwind of photos, hugs and laughter and then it was just me and my dad getting in LuLu the camper off to the venue- it was precisely now that the nerves kicked in. My hands were sweating and I felt sick.

Dad as he saw me;

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Sorry ladies its taking me an age to do it!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Meanwhile at the venue MrMini was relaxing (having a pint) with his best man and other friends. His mum was looking after his small people for the day and I am infomred that they refused to smile for any of the pictures untill the TOG bought them some crisps! Cheeky little monkeys...

I love the "Freemans" catalogue aspect of this picture!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

It took no time at all to get to the venue- I saw the car MrMini had been dropped of in heading in the opposite direction so I knew that he was there (an Evo for people that know what that is- I don’t!!) I got a lot of waves and smiles from other drivers and I must have looked the grumpiest bride ever- I just couldn’t stop feeling sick.

We pulled in at a layby on the seafront just down from the hotel at 1.30 and as we had the Tog in the van with us she got some lovely pictures of my dad and I on the beach. At this point lots of people were walking dogs or just out and about and they all came up to me to tell me how gorgeous I looked and wished me luck which was lovely.- seems we got a bit carried away though and With 10 mins to spare we drove up to the venue to be greeted by my BM’s and the hotel manager- I was late now to speak with the registrar! I insisted that I go to the loo “before I marry anyone!” so my CBM dutifully took me.

MrMini looks so nervous in these pictures...makes me cry!

blub!

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Its lovely to see a different dress. All these satin long ones look the same to me! Lovely! I love your husband's outfit too. Can't wait for more!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content

Wow at MrMini cutting his hair off the week of your wedding - he's so brave! (And you were brave to let him *laughs*) glad it worked out well though and can't wait to see a pic of his new 'do.

I love the run up to your day with the pampering and chilling out - I hope the week before my wedding goes like yours Smiley smile

And can't forget to say, you look beautiful!

Keep it coming Smiley smile

Beginner
    28/07/12bride ·
    • Hide content

Fab so far! Cant wait to read the rest and see pics of the camper! ?

• NorthumberlandBride
    NorthumberlandBride ·
    • Hide content

You looked beautiful! and the dress is really lovely! i really ythink you have to have the right kind of shaped legs for that kind of dress and it looks stunning on you!! kinda looks like you stepped out of the 1950's - very vintage looking and gorgeous

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

I know I've said this elsewhere Mini but you look absolutely stunning, and the look on your dad's face is priceless

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I cant remember walking down the aisle anymore than I was trying so hard not to cry- as soon as I saw MrMini all resolve went out the window and I blubbed like a baby- he told me I looked lovely anf to “get it together- your ok!” the first thing I said to him was “Im sorry my hands are really sweaty!” I was really worried I would cry through my vows but managed to keep it together- I still dont think I thought it was happeneing!

The service was lovely- our friends doing readings- Edward Moncktons “the lovely dinosaur” and Eileen rafters “the promise” did us proud and the registrar was funny and put us at ease. MrMinis son did a sterling job with the rings and made everyone laugh with his general goofy ways.

Before I knew it we were husband and wife. As we walked out to New Found Glorys version of “Kiss Me” I couldn’t stop laughing- I was married!! Glass of bucks fizz in hand we went off for photos and the rest of the day.

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Great report Smiley smile

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

The afternoon and evening reception went exactly as planned and everyone loved the theme and style of the room- we were so lucky with the weather that people could mingle outside and enjoy the views of the isle of wight and solent.

Whilst our guests had drinks on the lawn we went back in the camper for some photos which MrMini was happy about- he was worried he wouldnt get a chance to go in it. We went to the beach for some pictures of just us two.

The speeches were funny, touching and poor MrMinis dodgy choice in fashion when he was younger were dragged out for all to hear. The guests all loved the food and the teacup favours started being used to drink wine from which was not what I expected but very funny- into the evening this wine would be replaced with jagermeister!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

The professional tog left after the speeches so lucky hitchers you will be bubjected to friend and family photos from here on in!

Our first dance to “stand by me” went well- in the week leading up to the wedding MrMini was not sure he was going to do a dance- I was disappointed but knew I could not make him do something he hated- we compromised that we would do it and ask the other guests to join after a minute or so.

After that it was party time- I cannot compliment the DJ enough as he played everything on my list and then fitted the rest of the music around that- the dancefloor was full all night. The photo props where well used, there was an impromptu conga through the hotel and MrMini got a lapdance from his best man and friends (don’t ask) before I knew it the last song was playing and it was all over. I was really worried that at the end of the evening I would feel a sense of loss as I have always been the sort of person to feel down once an event has passed but I can honestly say that I just felt elated (and more than slightly tipsy) declining some of the more hardcore guests offer of a midnight skinny dip in the solent (a few did!) we retired to our honeymoon suite...

Well if you have made you way through that lot you deserve a medal! An assortment of guest pics that make me smile Smiley smile

I could go on all day with the photos but I am sure I have bored you enough Smiley smile

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

I love your dress, your flowers, shoes... I actually just love your wedding!

Massive congratulations Mrs!

• Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content

Great report. It looks like you had a fantastic day. Congratulations xx

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Love it all. Fantastic report Mini.

• Rizzo
    Beginner July 2011
    Rizzo ·
    • Hide content

Bore us? As if!

Your day looked amazing and I love all the details.

Your whole outfit looked so romantic and I really like Mr Mini's new haircut and his Converse.

Thank you for sharing your day with us.

Love you! ❤️

Beginner
    28/07/12bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly WSS!!!!!

Love love love it (especially love that you are my camper twin lol)

• Holly-Jayne
    Beginner August 2012
    Holly-Jayne ·
    • Hide content

Mini - you look stunning what a fantastic day you both look so happy and it looks like you and all your guests had so much fun! Congratulations Smiley smile xxx

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Congrats Mini

Sounds like you had a fab day! I love your hair, dress, shoes the whole sahbang.

You looked beautiful. Really like the picture of you in the mirror and the silhouette picture.

I dont often choke up at reports but did at yours

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report Mini, beautiful photos, amazing dress, your hubby looks ace in his get up. Well done and congrats xxx

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

Mini, you looked stunning! Love the report and love the style of day and little details xx

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

Mini, you look stunning, , , Congratulations to you both, , ,

I've only had a peek at the pics and i'm already teary eyed, , , god help me when I read it later, , xxxxx

• HappyAnnie
    Beginner April 2012
    HappyAnnie ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow, thank you for sharing - fab report, and you looked AMAZING, love your style!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Wow, you look amazing!! your dress is beautiful and you look stunning!!!

• nanny plum
    Beginner September 2011
    nanny plum ·
    • Hide content

Aww mini it all looks fantastic,your dress is gorgeous . Congratulations

• Cilla
    Beginner April 2012
    Cilla ·
    • Hide content

It all looks gorgous! So natural yet with obvious attention to detail. The pic of your Dad when he saw you for the first time made me sob out loud! xx

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Beaut-o-ful! My fave is your last 2 pics - you guys in the sunset and the one of you walking away. Fab report - congrats and thanks!

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

Stunning absolutely stunning! love that last pic of you and hubby walking hand in hand Smiley smile congratulations x

• SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content

Oh Mini, what a lovely report. Your wedding day looks so beautiful. You looked stunning and Mr Mini looks rather dashing in his suit ?.

Love the last picture of you hand-in-hand walking away. And I'd actually quite like some more flashes please ???

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely lovely report, you seem so so happy and it's lovely to read ? Huge congrats to you boht.

I've also said it before but I adore your dress and everything else about your day, it looks perfect. That last picture gave me goosebumps, it's like you both walking out to your new life together as OMs ? I wish you a long, healthy, happy marriage x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics