Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*Mini*
Beginner January 2012

Mini's wedding report- Flash heavy and now complete!

*Mini*, 12 of October of 2011 at 18:24

Posted on Planning 107

So here it is the wedding report I have been struggling to think of writing since our incredible day. Just to start I want to say as cheesy as it is it was an amazing day- I had the best fun, danced the night away with the people I love most in the world and everything went to plan. There were a few...

So here it is the wedding report I have been struggling to think of writing since our incredible day. Just to start I want to say as cheesy as it is it was an amazing day- I had the best fun, danced the night away with the people I love most in the world and everything went to plan. There were a few small details that didn’t pan out as they should have done but I honestly didn’t care.

Now I know this report wont be the most eloquent- it certainly wont be the best typed and I am afraid I cannot tell a story as beautifly as some but I have tried to compensate for this by filling it with pictures!

MrMini and I took the week off before the wedding as I was paranoid that I would not get everything done. Needless to say I have as ever been very organised over the last 2 years and we sepnt alot of the week just chilling out and spending time together which between children and work does is a rareity. We even had a “non wedding day” on the Wednesday where we went out for lunch and to a farm and just focused on us.

Monday- my big sis and one of my BM’s came over to help me pack everything into boxes and assemble the favours and table plan- my sis was amazing at this and took total control as I was in a bit of a flap. It was really nice to be able to choose what teacups what guests would get and I could relax once all of the boxes were packed and I had drawn out intricate plans for the venue to stick to when setting up the tables.

Tuesday was his n hers hair dressing day. MrMini is metosexual and loves a bit of pampering and looking after himself so it was only right we should go and get our hair done together. MrMini made a snap decision to cut all his hair off! The hairdresser was wary being so close to the big day but we were adamament that it was the right thing to do- needless to say it took some getting used to but he looked so handsome on the big day it was worth it- his old hair just wouldn’t have worked with the style we had.

Thursday was nail day. My mum and sister all went to get out nails done. After that it was off for a fishy pedicure with MrMini and I which was nice once you got used to the tickle- I cant say my feet were much better afterwards but it was nice to sit in a salon and chill out together. After that we went for a drink at our local and out for dinner as this was going to be the last night spent together as single people. We ate and drank well and juts chatted about the day and what we were looking forwards to happening as well as what we were worried about.

Friday- I was up at 5, to wired to sleep but also had the feeling that something was not quite right. Went to the loo only to realise that I had cystitis (sorry if TMI) Having suffered with it in the past i knew those little sachets were not going to cut it so I knew i needed antibiotics- of all the times to get it! I couldn’t do anything until 8.30 so tried to calm myself down by realing my GL thread and signing off Hitched. As soon as the GP opend I was ont the phone only to be told I would have to wait for the Dr to call me back- didn’t she know I was getting married in the morning dammit?!! All i could do was carry on my morning as planned and wait. It got to 9 and I needed to go to the beauty salon and MrMini needed to take the many boxes to the venue- I hopped in the car and hope for the best! Saying goodbye to MrMini was so hard. I cried my eyes out- it all became a bit overwheleming when I realised that the next time I saw him it would be waiting for me at the end of the ailse.

The Dr called *just* as the lady started on my eyebrow wax and very nicely said he would write me a pescripiton for antibiotics withot seeing me- horaay! So after feeling totally pampered i did a mad dash to pick up the drugs, buycranberry juice and get the last minuite pressies- it was typical planning on our part that we got paid the day before our wedding- doh!! I also treated myself to some new perfume and a bracelet for the big day as I had deduced that my hints to the OH had not worked and I would not be unwrapping these in the morning- he didn’t realise he was supposed to buy me something for the wedding day itself!

I was spending the night before at my mum and dads- I chilled with my sister and BM’s until Dinner which was a lovely affair with 2 out of 3 BM’s my big sis and my mum and dad. We had a good old chat and even at this point it had not sunk it yet- I was getting married! After dinner my mum got out the wine and “nibbles” I am not sure how manay people she thought were coming over but there were more olives and tubs of Pringles than Sainsburys itself. I gave out my presies and cards to my BM’s and my parents which caused much crying all round and then all 3 BM’s, both my sisters and my mum sat and chatted all night with some music on- it was lovely. We wandered off to bed very early- about 10.30 and surprisingly afer a bit of chatting we all drifted of- it felt very surreal being in my old childhood bedroom with 2 out of my 3 best friends (the third BM lives round the corner from my mums and has a LO so couldn’t stay) it felt like it could have been any night from the past 12 years.....

107 replies

• T
    Beginner January 2010
    Tinysarah ·
    • Hide content

Is that the Alverbank Hotel by any chance?

• *Cloud9*
    Beginner August 2013
    *Cloud9* ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous photos and fab report Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner August 2013
    Sabriel ·
    • Hide content

You look absolutely beautiful Mini, Love your husbands shoes with the date on them Smiley smile You look like you had so much fun, I only hope my own is as fun filled as yours! Best wishes for your future xx

• C
    Beginner July 2013
    cm_ljw ·
    • Hide content

Stunning! I'd love to know where your hair piece is from, it catches my eye in every photo of you! xx

• unexpectedpenny
    Beginner January 2013
    unexpectedpenny ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Was just about to ask the same thing! It's beautiful!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I bought it from ebay! ?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I bought it from ebay! ?

• unexpectedpenny
    Beginner January 2013
    unexpectedpenny ·
    • Hide content

It's amazing! I brought one on eBay recently but it's a bit naff, but then it was only £8 so don't know what I expected!

• JuliaTaff
    Beginner May 2013
    JuliaTaff ·
    • Hide content

GORGEOUS!! Your dress is so beautiful it's making me wonder about my full length dress... hmm... looooove that you can see your fabulous shoes too!!

I love all of your little touches - including the white letter box - do you mind me asking where you got that from?

Thanks!! xxx

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

It was from a local supplier,just Google wedding postbox and you should find some nearby.

• F
    Beginner November 2013
    FutureBright ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Mini, Love the pics and the report. Can I ask where you got your bridesmaid dresses please?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

They were from H&M but last year, they may have a similar thing in this year though?

• F
    Beginner November 2013
    FutureBright ·
    • Hide content

Thank you ill have a look.

• mich3lle
    mich3lle ·
    • Hide content

Hello JuliaTaff

We are a wedding postbbox company who hire out replica Royal Mail postboxes, we hand make them ourselves and they all come with a lockable lid to offer you extra peace of mind. We can delivery via courier anywhere in the UK also, please see our website below for more information.

In the meantime, should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on here Smiley smile

Michelle

• JuliaTaff
    Beginner May 2013
    JuliaTaff ·
    • Hide content

? Thanks mich3lle - very helpful! I'll have to bear you in mind nearer the time

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Haha! Yes it diddnt cross my mind that people would use the teacups to drink wine/jäger from do there were normal glasses on the tables.

• jimmygee
    jimmygee ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report,nice pics, love the shoes?

Congrats and all the best for the future?

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

No we diddnt! They were purely for decoration! The cake plates diddnt have cake on either.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Ah bless him!

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

WHAT A LOVELY WEDDING CONGRATS XX

• Pook82
    Beginner August 2012
    Pook82 ·
    • Hide content

Have just seen this and have to say you look amazing - so pretty and your dress is lovely!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks ?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Uggh this wedding is sooooo 2011 darling, 2013 weddings are where it is at!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Plus, her dress was VILE!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

*weeps into her commuting coffee*

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

So many things i like about your report! the dress, the vintage, the converse and those photobooth frames and masks!

• BrideCummins14
    Beginner April 2014
    BrideCummins14 ·
    • Hide content

Firstly - it all looks stunning, you both look very happy and relaxed. I have never been keen on short dresses but WOW yours is just beautiful

Do you mind me asking where you got your veil from and your shoes....both lovely.

I can't believe how emotional I can get by looking at someone else's photos. You must be over the moon with how everything went and the photos are just so perfect and natural.

Congrats!!! x

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sam12345 ·
    • Hide content

Fab report. Sound like it was an amazing day x

• M
    Beginner January 2015
    murphy88 ·
    • Hide content

Mini - Ive just read this you look gorgeous and love your head piece to!

x

• slou90
    Beginner April 2014
    slou90 ·
    • Hide content

Mini I don't know how but I have only just seen this ! You look amazing x

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Uggh this vile wedding report has reared its ugly head again I see ?

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

I love the photo of your Dad walking you down the aisle, he is look at your hubby with a look that says 'you hurt my daughter - I kill you!'

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics