Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

mint green or lilac? Advice needed :)

5 of August of 2013 at 14:06 Posted on Planning 0 28

Hello

I am getting married next May and, like many other people im sure, i have thought of many different colours for bridesmaid dresses. I knew from the start that my flowers would be sunflowers and that wasn;t realyl subject to change (sentimental reasons ) Smiley smile

So i have keep to-ing and fro-ing between two colours for my bridesmaid dresses. Mint green and lilac. Originally i want mint green but couldnt get the shade i liked. Then found lilac and thought it came across (with sunflowers) as quite a rustic look. However, now i have thought about getting my bridesmaid dresses made and i have found the exact shde of mint green i want...argh! So torn Now.

I have attached my wedding dress (so you can get a feel for my style) and the two different colours i am looking at (not the dresses, just the colours). I would rally appreciate your advice of which would suit best. It will be a spring / summer wedding Smiley smile

28 replies

Latest activity by INeverThought, 13 of May of 2014 at 07:06
  • S
    Beginner July 2014
    Sammyj74 ·
    • Hide content

I know the feeling, I too have kept changing colours that I like!! I like both of your choices but personally I like the lilac colour more and think that would go with the sunflowers lovely. At the end of the day though it is your choice. Alternatively, depending on how many bridesmaids you are having why not have both colours, there is nothing to say that they all have to wear the same

Sam xx

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I love lilac and sunflowers! So pretty!

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I love the green!

Your dress is lovely too BTW. I'm jealous, that type of dress did not suit me at all but I love the look of them.

• missmoore
    Beginner January 2012
    missmoore ·
    • Hide content

I think both are gorgeous! Not much help I know Smiley smile x

• F
    Beginner September 2014
    future.mrs.c ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Why dont you have both? Think its quite popular now to have bridesmaids in different colours

• Siobhan200286
    Beginner August 2015
    Siobhan200286 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with others who have suggested having both colours. You could either have some bridesmaids in lilac with the rest in green, or depending on the style of dress you want you could consider picking lilac as the 'base colour' with mint green accents/features (or vice versa). Lilac and mint green go together so this could work really well and would be a bit more unique.

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

Both colours are lovely, though the yellow of the sunflowers will go really well with the mint green, contrasting with the darker green leaves of the flower :-)

• R
    Beginner July 2014
    rebekahjadex ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I know it's kind of irrelevant for the question you are asking, but I wondered where you found the mint green dress as this is the colour I want but not had much success in finding dresses I really love.

• MrsBeckiW
    Beginner May 2014
    MrsBeckiW ·
    • Hide content

Looking at the link Rebekah it looks like it is from Bari Jay

http://barijay.com/bridesmaids/

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

I'm not normally a fan of lilac but in this case i think the lilac will sit much better with the sunflowers.

• D
    Beginner April 2014
    DaisyDot ·
    • Hide content

I like the green!! Our colour is also mint green - NIGHTMARE to find dresses this time of year isn't it! I'm really happy with the Bridesmaid dress i've chosen but only 2 out of 3 bridesmaids like it Smiley atonished can't please everyone!! x

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Oohh this is hard i like them both, i like the mint green colour with the cut of the lilac. Eek. Decisions!

• J
    Beginner August 2015
    JJames12 ·
    • Hide content

I think the mint green for a summer wedding will look beautiful.

• tugs22
    Beginner July 2014
    tugs22 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I am having mint green at my wedding in July, so of course I love the mint colour but the lilac dress in the picture in your post is just a stunning shade.

Have your asked your bridesmaids which colour they prefer? I guess if you have quite a few, it might not be that easy Smiley smile

Loving the delicate detail on your dress btw!

Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Either would go, but in nature you'd see lilac with sunflower colours, rather than the minty green.

What colouring skin/hair/eyes do the BM's have? That should be factored in also & may sway what colour you decide on.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

So gorgeous and beautiful dress by the way! I love both shades for the bridesmaids dresses. I think maybe factor in bridesmaids skin tone and hair colour as the previous poster mentioned and work out what would perhaps suit them best. That might help you decide? Also, in my opinion, I would say that the lilac and sunflowers with your dress would have a romantic, perhaps slightly natural, rustic feel whereas the green would have a fresh modern feel. Both lovely themes - which would go best with your wedding?

• J
    Beginner May 2015
    Jayla ·
    • Hide content

I'm having mint green and pink. I think the lilac and mint would go lovely together.

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    Cherrybinky ·
    • Hide content

I am having olive green at my wedding but I love both your choices. The lilac is a lovely shade but the style of the mint dress is nicer. Smiley smile

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Both! They will look very pretty together x

• A
    Beginner November 2015
    Annette22 ·
    • Hide content

I had the same exact same dilemma! I went with lilac in the end, it was more flattering to all the different skintones of my bridesmaids Smiley smile

• SecretlyEloped
    Beginner May 2014
    SecretlyEloped ·
    • Hide content

I think lilac would go best with the sunflowers

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    LucyLastic ·
    • Hide content

I think a combination of both would be lovely x

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Lilac. Will work nicely with your sunflowers.

The other does look like spearmint sweets. Bit 'in ya face' of a colour. Not that keen. May also look crap on fat bridesmaids, if you have any....

(Edit: In a blunt mood, I think).

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Personally I like the green it's a little more different

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

Can anyone see or does anyone know where the lilac dress is from?

• INeverThought
    INeverThought ·
    • Hide content

Have both colours they will look fab with sunflowers Smiley sad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics