Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner August 2015

Mirror plates for centerpieces

Purplecake, 4 of November of 2014 at 09:42 Posted on Planning 0 15

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on these? The florist who is making our centerpieces suggested strongly they should be used, as they really 'finish off' the table. But at £5 hire per plate i'm wondering whether it's necessary! We have a very well lit reception room with lots of natural light. Do you think scatter crystals/table gems around the centerpiece could be just as nice? I agree it probably needs something so it's not a vast amount of white tablecloth, so wondering what everyone else did, if anything..

Thanks!

15 replies

Latest activity by Melancholie, 5 of November of 2014 at 21:19
  • H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

A fiver per plate?!? To me that is a massive waste of money, but then again I am not made of it...

If you dont feel you need them then dont bother, she is just probably trying to get some extra money out of you.

• R
    Beginner October 2015
    Rebeccafcr ·
    • Hide content

I bought mine from weddingmall.... i'm making all of my own centerpieces. i'm sure I only spent £2-3 per mirror.x

• RusticBride15
    Beginner June 2015
    RusticBride15 ·
    • Hide content

I have some mirrored plates for sale if your interested?

❤️

• M
    Beginner May 2015
    missgeebee ·
    • Hide content

That seems very expensive! i bought some for £1.50 (ish) each in the range .... does vary in price depending on style - but you could definately buy them cheaper!

• J
    Beginner August 2016
    jessuk ·
    • Hide content

Yikes that sounds expensive. I seem to remember seeing them in Home Bargains for a lot less than that to buy! Then you could resell them afterwards too.

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

£5 HIRE???

for a £5 your damn well sure id be keeping them lol, they are far cheaper on ebay (although price depends on size)

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

Ditto the above!! They are nice and do give a nice finish but £5 per plate is an obscene amount. Check if you have a Range, B&M or Country Baskets near to you, you can pick them up much cheaperfromthere.Also check out if anyone is selling any locally. I picked up 10 large bevelled ones locally for £25. I then get to sell them on afterwards!

• P
    Beginner August 2015
    Purplecake ·
    • Hide content

Thanks i thought it was a little steep! The florist's nice and doesn't seem to be a pushy seller and has been very accommodating, but at the end of the day she is a business so would try and offer them i guess. I did look at some shops online but with postage it only saved about 50p per plate; The Range and Wedding Mall seem to much more reasonable though so that could be good! I looked at preloved etc and there weren't any packs near me for pick up, i expect postage outside of a company would be extortionate - thank you RusticBride for the offer but for this reason i couldn't..

I've bookmarked two plate sizes each on the Range and Wedding Mall to have a think about. Thanks for your help!

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for The Range. I managed to get mine from there for under £2 but they currently have some in for £2.69 from memory.

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

Country baskets sell them as well. Well worth buying to see on again thats what I have done xx

• M
    Beginner January 2015
    murphy88 ·
    • Hide content

I can also vouch for the range I do agree mirror plates are fab can you not provide your own?

• Future Mr's R
    Beginner October 2015
    Future Mr's R ·
    • Hide content

I also got mine from the Range, they are £1.50 (20cm) or £2.49 (25cm). I am going to sell mine after the wedding, I think it's shocking how much money people make out of weddings with "hiring" out things for more then they originally cost. Good luck whatever you do, they are nice on a table, but defo not worth spending a small fortune on. x

Here's the link to the Range:

http://www.therange.co.uk/round-mirror-candle-holder/wedding-decoration/the-range/fcp-product/95359

• M
    Beginner November 2015
    MissJag ·
    • Hide content

Have you asked your venue. The hotel we are using are giving us them for free!. £5 sounds a huge amount, sounds like a florist trying to make a quick buck.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Just in case there's any problems with the range, dunelm mill have them reasonably too: http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/home-fragrance-round-mirror-candle-plate-287705

• P
    Beginner August 2015
    Purplecake ·
    • Hide content

Dunelm of course! With the Range i'd be ordering online but Dunelm is near me so i can click and collect. Thanks everyone for all your help. The venue doesn't have them to provide, they supply an easel and cake stand but that's all. I think i will stick with mirror plates but buy them myself, looking into it more that is quite crazy what she's charging. Thanks again!

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

You can get 4 square ones from Ikea for £6. They're tiles but would work just as well as mirror plates if you don't mind square rather than round.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/39151700/ - square

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/60074007/ - square with rounded corners

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics