Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leelee
Beginner August 2025 Kent

Mixed age bridesmaids

Leelee, 11 of July of 2023 at 18:56 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 3
Hi,

It’s looking like I’m going to have 5 bridesmaids ranging from age 11 to 28. Do you think the age range is ok?
Originally, I was going to have the youngest one as a flower girl but multiple sources online and people around me are suggesting that she will be too old to be a flower girl.
Grateful for any thoughts and guidance. Has anyone done this before? Is it difficult getting a dress that suits for all ages?
Thank you!

3 replies

Latest activity by MrsM2B, 12 of July of 2023 at 08:32
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

When I was 11, I was bridesmaid alongside another girl my age and an older one (21). The older bridesmaid had a different dress to the ones that we younger girls wore.

I think it would be fine to have the 11 year old in a different dress. You can buy dresses that match as to fabric and colour but have different styles. If you're worried about the 11 year old feeling left out if she has a different dress, you could have all your bridesmaids in different dresses in the same colour.

• Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

I am maid of honour at my friend's wedding and the only other bridesmaid is her 13 year old sister. She originally said that we would probably end up wearing different dresses to ensure we both felt comfortable but after looking at lots of different dresses we decided we liked the same dress and it suited us both. It can work, just make sure you're open to them wearing different dresses/styles etc x

• M
    Dedicated October 2023 Greater Manchester
    MrsM2B ·
    • Hide content
    I was a bridesmaid for my sister with 4 other adult ones and her daughter who was 11 at the time. All our dresses were one shoulder but my niece’s was the same dress but with straps over both shoulders. Depending on what you pick they could wear the same dress or wear different dresses in the same colour. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics