Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

*MM3*
Beginner June 2014

*~~~MM3's Wedding Report~~~* FLASH HEAVY!!

*MM3*, 8 of July of 2014 at 17:41 Posted on Planning 0 28

Here's my wedding report from our day on 14th June. I've probably made loads of mistakes as i type too fast so excuse any rubbish talk haha!

Wedding Report:

Our story – Aged 16 & 17..we met when our groups of friends came together. I chatted to him a few times when we met and I immediately liked him. We were friends for a while and he asked me out on a date, the next day he asked me out and I said yes! That was almost 10 year ago now. Almost 5 years ago now we were blessed with our beautiful boy Matthew and here we are now an old married couple haha Smiley smile We were engaged for a few too many years and other priorities came first, we finally set a date and knew exactly where we wanted to have our wedding. Our local national trust historic house. It’s literally 10 mins away from where we live and we always go there for days out / picnics / too feed the ducks etc and the place has so much history that we find really interesting. All we knew was that we wanted some music ideas involved and hints of our personality throughout the day and went with that sort of theme. Oh and obviously the colour red which has always been my favourite colour – it probably comes from my White Stripes obsession!

The day before – I had been running mad all week and the day before was no exception. Like everything in my life I had to leave lots of things last minute, and so I found myself up at 8am packing bags of decorations for the venue and icing cakes!! My lovely bridesmaid came and picked me up at around 10:40am..only 40 mins late, and we dropped everything off at the venue. Had a quick chat with the co-ordinator who was lovely & reassuring as always and then left her and the team to set everything up.

BM then picked up my Mum in her car and dropped us off at our local shopping centre. We had a few things still to buy…jewellery, underwear & my Mum still needed to find a jacket to match her outfit..Told you we were last minute! To be fair my Mum had been really unwell (still is) and wasn’t able to get out and buy everything she needed and wasn’t sure at one point if she’d even make the wedding so it was a stressful time. But luckily we found everything we needed pretty much straight away and headed home.
I then packed the rest of my things for the hotel and before I knew it, it was time to say goodbye to my soon-to-be husband and little boy and headed off with my BM to the hotel.

When we arrived I felt quite calm but excited – didn’t have any nerves which I thought I would. We went out a walk to the shops to find a cash machine and bought cans of monster & some goodies. Went back to the hotel and I went in for a shower, when I came out there was a dominos pizza there which the BM had ordered, and she had brought along a bottle of champers..yipee! We ate what we could (not much) and then had some champagne and sang along to songs we hadn’t heard in years on kisstory channel, laughed all night & talked junk. Had the silly idea of painting our nails when the champagne was done and only then realised how tipsy we were, luckily had loads of nail polish remover handy to fix it but we still couldn’t get it perfect! Also when I unpacked my bag I found a lovely gift bag (see pic below) that OH must have sneaked in – again the sort of thing I’d usually cry at but didn’t at all haha! Gave BM her gifts & card too which she loved, included a few meerkat things as she’s nuts about them. We also read through my good luck thread again – huge thank you again to RavioliRuby for starting mine and to everyone who commented with their lovely messages. I loved reading through it and it made everything seem very real and it’s funny finally having one and not just commenting on others! Really appreciate everyones lovely messages & wishes Smiley smile We tried to sleep at about 11pm but chatted for ages and couldn’t stop laughing so must have been around 12am before we nodded off!

The Big Day!!! – I woke up around 6:40am and felt too excited to fall back asleep. I had a text from my Mum full of excitement so no idea how long she’d been awake haha. I looked out the window and it was actually sunny – in Glasgow..what a relief!! I lay in bed for ages reading through texts and fb messages from people wishing me luck. At about 7am BM woke up and we chatted away quite casually, had a quick shower, got changed and at around 8:15 went down for some breakfast. We only asked for toast & hardly touched it. Still had a calmness about me til we went upstairs and the MUA quickly arrived! From then everything seemed to go really quickly. She started on my hair first while BM did her own make up.

The door chapped and it was the florist – I had forgot about things like these on the day and was maybe too relaxed as if they hadn’t arrived I’d have probably got into the cars and realised I had none haha! I was so happy with everything and they were nicer than I expected.
BM2 came in with my son & he was so excited. He was looking handsome as ever and had his Peter Rabbit teddy that he never leaves with him, also known as “Babbit” and my Mum had helped him put a little shirt and waistcoat on him haha. They were both very cute Smiley smile I received a text from my Mum saying my gran and herself were there so I ran down to bring them up. The tiny room was now quite cramped haha! My gran is 90 this year bless her, and so up & down health wise so I was so happy she made it ok on the day.

Next to arrive was the photographer (well one of them as the other was at the church taking pics of H & best man) and I apologised that the room was so small and she probably didn’t have much to work with, she made us feel at ease straight away & we laughed about the awful curtains in the room. She already knew the MUA so they were chatting away too and we were all relaxed, bm opened a bottle of champagne and I found myself sitting around drinking that rather than the running around mad I’d imagined.

Meanwhile at church:

Best man (& my brother) on the left, and OH on the right

(above pic by our friend Rosie)

Before I knew it, it was time to get into my dress and that took a while (probably longer to get my suspenders clipped onto the belt mind you) & I still wasn’t happy with how it sat. My mum and I hadn’t practised enough but lovely TOG came to the rescue and did it up for me really well. It didn’t sit at the front as good as it did in the shop, but in the shop I had a huge roll of back fat so I suppose you can’t have everything!

I helped get my BM’s dresses done up and got my boys waistcoat & cravat on. My Dad soon arrived – I’d love to say he was so proud and told me how beautiful I looked like so many others do. But in reality he didn’t say anything of the sort and left for the bar. The hotel room was boiling but it was so much worse with everyone running around getting ready and I ended up sitting beside the fan in my room as I could feel my face starting to melt! TOG left to go to the church and Kylie who did our hair & make up left too.

To Be Continued.......

Pics are taking ages haha!

28 replies

Latest activity by *MM3*, 16 of July of 2014 at 15:37
  • *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

The Mercedes limo arrived to take BM’s, my boy, my mum & gran to the hotel and suddenly I was sitting alone in front of this fan holding my flowers like a goon haha but I still didn’t feel nervous. My Mum must have told my dad to get a grip and come upstairs so he came up and sat with me and we waited for the bridal car to arrive. We didn’t really talk about much and what we did was probably rubbish about the weather or how the day was going to go…anyway it was about 1:20pm and our car finally arrived.

We're Glasweigan and get the car regi "Baw" ..just our luck Smiley smile Some pics of BM's, son & Mum arriving..

My amazing Mum Smiley smile She'd kill me for putting this up haha!

We locked up and went downstairs and it was the first I had seen the car and I loved it. The driver was really nice and helped me in the car and we set off. I had a little compartment in front of me with an ice bucket and bottles of volvic water which was so nice and refreshing after the boiling room! We soon got onto the street of the church and I had a little moment of butterflies and nerves but not too bad. When we arrived there was a lot of people outside the church waiting which i didn’t expect. There were BM’s family, work friends who had only been asked to the evening but wanted to see us get married which I felt bad about & random people hanging over the wall just watching. I was greeted by our priest when we got out the car and then the photographers had us have some photos taken. The priest then talked us through the entrance and told us to wait 10 paces before walking. I heard him say “please stand” & heard the shuffling of people and thought “oh sh*t”!

We watched him begin to walk, followed by each BM and then walked in…we only had 18 day guests (about 30 in church we didn’t expect to turn up mind you) and I worried the place would look empty but I remember only focusing on the people who were there. I didn’t like the fact everyone was watching me and I remember smiling awkwardly at people, I looked at OH and he was facing the front not looking at me (he later told me the priest told him not to look at me straight away he wanted to tell him when and then gave him a nod and said “now”) and i was soon at the front. When OH did look round at me he seemed really happy and whispered over “you look lovely”. I looked down at his legs and seen he wasn’t wearing the black “groom” socks I’d gave him as part of his present, but bright red socks!! Haha so typical of him!

The service seemed to go really quick and the priest talked really lovely about us. We’ve grown to know him really well and he was saying how fond he was of us and that we were perfect for each other etc, and also made a few good jokes. Everyone really liked him and said how nice he was. As there was so little guests he had arranged a female singer to sing a psalm rather than have any hymns and she did a great job & sung beautifully. The organist was also really good & played our choices perfectly. Our fab bridesmaid was supposed to do one reading along with OH’s Mum and I didn’t know that just before the service his Mum backed out so to my annoyance poor BM was left to do two readings – she did a fab job though and although she hadn’t practised either of them she read them perfectly & did us proud. Maybe it was because there was no hymns or no communion but it seemed no time til we were signing and being pronounced man & wife and leaving the church!

Everyone came over to congratulate us and it was so good speaking to all our loved ones. After getting some more pics taken including a confetti shot (we didn’t know anyone even brought confetti) it was time to get into the cars and head to our reception venue. The driver opened a bottle of champagne for me & H and gave our son some water in a champagne glass too so he could toast us haha! Because of the lovely sunshine they took the hood of our car down and we drove in an open top car for the first time ever! Everyone was waving at us and beeping their horns as we passed – felt really weird but n
    ice too!

To Be Continued......

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

We arrived at the venue (Pollok House) & had some more pics taken beside the car and then they left. We were immediately greeted with the lovely staff at the doors and also Stewart from the bird of prey centre, we made our way round to the gardens and got a glass of champagne and some canapes. The doors were open which lead into the library where guests could go in and listen to an amazing duo called “Arcadia”. Sadly we didn’t see much of them ourselves but our guests did and everyone really liked them. We then heard flapping of wings and there was Stewart with Orla the golden eagle. She was much bigger in real life than I’d seen in pics and she was stunning. We spoke for ages and then he gave me the glove and let me hold her and have a little stroke of her chest which was lovely. She kept giving H threatening looks and we all joked that she had it in for him haha.

We had a quick chance to mingle again and have some group shots taken while the canapes & champagne kept flowing. The weather was just perfect and we were so glad we got to use the gardens especially as the weekend before was absolutely lashing down. At one point I seen our main co-ordinator Nancy walk over to me with a look of dread on her face and thought “oh no”…She took me aside and said “I’m so sorry to do this on your big day..but your cake hasn’t arrived”….It was supposed to arrive at 11:30am, I couldn’t believe it!! She said they didn’t want to worry me and had been trying to get a hold of the cake maker all day and her phone was just ringing and going to voicemail! She said she’d keep on at her and would let me know if there was any progress.

Our photographers took us a stroll around the grounds and got some nice pics of the 3 of us and our guests were given a tour of the house in the meantime. I tried to joke about the cake situation but I was worried and disappointed at the same time. We had designed it ourselves and I was so looking forward to seeing it and could now imagine us telling guests we didn’t have a cake!

To Be Continued......

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

Looking good so far - can't wait to see the rest!

• N
    Beginner May 2015
    nixy3 ·
    • Hide content

Can't wait to read the rest, you look beautiful and your little boy is just so cute, love the piccie of him with the champagne glass

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

....Continued....

Several pics later and after walking down a big hill which completely ruined the heels of my shoes, it was almost time for the meals to start and the togs to leave. When we got back the guests came back from the tour and said how much they’d loved it. My brother especially as he’s really into his history and found it really interesting. We chatted to guests before they were called in for dinner and the togs went with them to get some pics and one of us entering before making an exit Smiley smile It was nice to sit with my new husband and talk about some parts of the day and rant about the cake situation again haha!

We were then told to follow a lovely lady to the dining room and we were announced in! Everything looked lovely and I was really happy with the layout of the table and it was nice to feel relaxed and know all we had to do now was mingle and eat and drink haha! Speeches came first and My Dad was up first, he didn’t do a proper speech as he doesn’t like public speaking so kept it short and sweet. Up next was H and he did a really good job, I hadn’t cried all day but I came close to it during the speeches. He had a few funny parts in there and spoke about how much he loves me & our son and that we make his life complete etc. It was funny, sweet & not too long haha! Best man was up next who is also my brother..i couldn’t believe it when he stood up with no paper to read from.. He did amazingly and he must have rehearsed it really well! He welled up at one point and there were a few tears from others there, and my favourite part was when he said “I remember the day Sean got down on one knee….and asked me to be best man” haha.

Anyway speeches done – time to eat! Everything was so lovely and I was so disappointed I couldn’t finish it all! I wish we’d have got some pics taken as it all looked so perfect but the only pic taken was my cousins main course so I’ll add that in haha. We were so well looked after and our glasses were constantly being topped up with our choices of wine or soft drinks. We hadn’t long sat down when Nancy came in and whispered “the cakes here..it’s in one piece don’t worry”. (I found out my bridesmaid had taken my phone and contacted her on facebook, she was quite blunt with her and got straight to the point..the lady told her they’d delivered it to the wrong place and would get it there within an hour…I knew that was a lie for many reasons but thought oh well it’s here now) We had a playlist of our favourite music on in the background which worked out perfectly and we’d tried to add in favourite songs of our guests too so people liked that. I worried about people not talking or there being an atmosphere but everyone chatted away and seemed to get on really well, people were swapping seats near the end at chatting with different people. It was a lovely sunny night and I remember sitting at the window talking to my boy and looking around the room thinking how perfect the day had went. It sounds really cheesy but I was so happy with how everything went and felt really loved – it’s a nice feeling spending the day with your loved ones who are all there for you Smiley smile

I'd like to thank our very own Footlong for the idea of lyric cards for each guest..we had each guests favourite song / band lyrics printed off for them and everyone loved them and loved the personal touch..everyone kept them and were really impressed so thanks for that FTLOMB!
    (And yes my grans favourite band is Oasis haha)

This was near the end when everyone was wandering around free will...

Guest pic...

Guest pic and only pic of any food haha Smiley sad

After the meals we had some tea & coffee with Scottish tablet and I was gutted I couldn’t eat any of it I was so full! (I’d kill for that tablet right now haha). Anyway it was soon time to head down to the reception room..i felt like it had flown in! Our dj had already set up and we saw our cake for the first time! Despite the time it took to get there we were really happy with how it looked. We went next door to the kitchen where the bar and our dessert / sweet table was set up. They had decorated the place with bowls our florist had provided and had tealights everywhere as well as our own decorations – it looked lovely and cosy and much nicer than we ever expected. The doors lead out to a beer garden and we took a wander outside and sat at a table with some family. My dear old Gran had to go home so we walked her to the doors and made sure she got a lift ok from my sister in law, she was crying at the door telling me how proud she was of me and how happy she was for us etc. She seemed to have a great day and I was so pleased to have her with us. The evening guests started arriving and we soon got called in for a cake cutting and first dance. We danced to The Beatles – In my life, and our bottom tier of our cake were the opening notes of that song too! We had a small wedding with only 40 additional evening guests and I worried the place would look empty but even with a lot of guests sitting in the sunny gardens the dancefloor was never empty & everyone really enjoyed their night.
    From then on there was lots of mingling, dancing, laughter and a few too many tequilas. The day seemed to fly in and we had so much fun, we didn’t want it to end. I really wish we could do it all again…maybe we can renew our vows in 10 year haha Smiley winking

Obviously all pics from here on are guest pics -

To Be Continued.....One last page honest!!

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Last page!

I want to end my report with a huge thanks (and obviously more flashesSmiley winking) to everyone on here for all the help, advice, ideas & general support during my wedding planning. I had a few things in our wedding that we wouldn’t have even known about if I hadn’t joined this forum. It’s been great having people to get excited with when the family & friends are a bit fed up listening and I can’t wait to hopefully help & give some advice (probably sh1te though) to others planning their wedding Smiley smile The otters & old marrieds have especially been a huge help, thanks so much!!

Here are some random flashes of the little details to end with, well done if you made it this far haha & huge apologies for so many flashes!!! *last of my newly married self indulgence*

Forgot to add this in earlier...My boy walking my Mum down the aisle.

Finishing it with the worst pic of me & my new husband haha! Drunk but well worth it Smiley smile x

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

Awesome report! I read every word and loved it.

Congratulations, what a beautiful wedding! You looked fabulous and everything was so detailed and gorgeous.

Enjoy married life!

x

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Sorry completely forgot to add suppliers:

Photography - Imagine Images

Hair & MUA - Kylie at "The Aisle Bridal Hair & Make Up"

Transport - Ivory choice bridal cars

Orla the golden eagle - Loch Lomond bird of prey centre

Cake - Cakes & Dreams.

Dj - 1st dance wedding entertainment.

Flowers by - Florette of Paisley

Dress from Angelique Lamont

Bridesmaid Dresses from good old ebay!

Daytime entertainment by Arcadia Duo.

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sarah_88 ·
    • Hide content

Lovely report! I read it all

Wonderful pictures too, it sounded like a lovely day, good job the cake showed up in the end

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I LOVED IT! Absolutely gorgeous.

I love that last picture of you and your husband as well, it is really lovely.

Shame about your dads reaction but I am glad the rest of your day was perfect.

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

CONGRATS MM3!!!

What a wowza, gorgeous wedding Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Surfer Rosa ·
    • Hide content

Looks completely perfect. I love how intimate and personal it is x

• SallyLou
    Beginner August 2014
    SallyLou ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful, beautiful day!

I do love Babbit.

You looked stunning - congratulations. x

• Barnett2015
    Beginner April 2015
    Barnett2015 ·
    • Hide content

LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY! What a gorgeous venue. We are getting married in a National Trust property too!
    Glad you got your cake in the end!

Your son is going to be a heartbreaker for sure. ❤️

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

It all looks so gorgeous, your pictures are lovely. Loving all of the little touches. Congratulations and glad you had an amazing day! I particularly liked your hair, shoes and reception venue. The food sounded great.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Wow, that's a lovely report! It all sounds so perfect, and exactly as you wanted it. Love all the extra touches and the music references. So gutted I couldn't be there to rip up the dancefloor!

xx

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

You looked stunning and love all the little touches. ?

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Loved reading your report. You looked gorgeous!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful pictures!! Love, love, love all your beautiful pops of red. Gorgeous report ?

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

Awww what a wonderful report! Thank you for taking the time to put it all together, Everything looks beautiful - I love your hair colour! Also Babbit is simply amazing - I like the fascinator(?) he seems to be wearing near the end...

• MrsGreen-27/9/14
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsGreen-27/9/14 ·
    • Hide content

Aww what a lovely report & beautiful photo's- congratulations! ?

• *Teabag*
    Beginner June 2013
    *Teabag* ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations again Mrs! Loved your report and all the flashes. M is absolutely gorgeous!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Can't believe I missed this! Had problems with my WiFi recently so not been on much. Gorgeous report MM3, you look stunning & the pics are fab. Everything looks great, Congratulations, hope you're enjoying life on the OM bench

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

So sorry just reading through all your lovely replies, my Mums in hospital so have been running around mad and haven't been on Smiley smile

Thanks so much everyone you're all too kind! Matthew & Babbit stole the show haha Smiley smile

Jem - The shoes are TUK Antipop Smiley smile I'm a big fox fan myself haha!

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks lovely!! Definitely enjoying married life although to be fair it's not much different for us after being fogeyfied haha Smiley winking

Can't wait to see your full report Mrs!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics