Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner June 2012

MOB - Colour of outfit

Country Flower, 20 October, 2011 at 14:35 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hello Hitchers! just wondered what MOB's were doing regarding the colour of their outfit. Is it going to be the same colour as your BM? my mom is saying that her outfit needs to be the same colour (we are having green) but I don't think that it matters. What is everyone else doing?

16 replies

Latest activity by Little Miss Tweety, 20 October, 2011 at 22:11
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

My Mum picked an outfit that would complement the general theme colours but not specifically matching anything.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

Mine isn't going the same colour, but will tie in. BMs are in blue and, unusually, groom in a blue suit, men in white suits. Mum will get something pastely (pink, lilac etc) to tie in.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

My mum was in the same colour as the bridesmaid...

• T
    teaparty2011 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a MOB and personally wouldn't want to wear the same colour as the bridesmaids. I will probably wear something that fits in with the general look. I love red, but that would clash horribly.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Our bridesmaids are going to be in turquoise with pink flowers so I think my mum will either go pink or a mix.

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

I am in red, my BMs are in silver, my OH is in a blue kilt. I said - jokingly - at one point that I was bannig the colour purple from my wedding (long story but I don't like purple). So my mother went a bought a lilac and purple dress.

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    adiesummer2012 ·
    • Hide content

Mine's wearing green I think, nothing to do with my colours. I don't think it matters.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Most important is that it suits Mum and it's what she really feels a million dollars in. After you and the Groom, she's the next person people want to see although some people may say the bridesmaids but I think Mum is more important Smiley winking

• C
    Beginner June 2012
    Country Flower ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all - I think we will try to get something that is similar.

• K
    Beginner May 2011
    kezzburton ·
    • Hide content

My mum insisted that she coordinated rather than match and I think she looked fab on the day. my sister on the left was my CMB and my mum is stood next to my hubby. My nan looks lovely in pink!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

My colour scheme was red and navy and my darling mother picked.... Lime green!! To be fair she looks fab but boy does she stand out in the photo's! ?

MoG chose black and white which was so easy to wear and looked lovely until she was with her husband who was wearing a navy suit.

I would ask them to think about it and try and tie in a little bit

• Chidders
    Beginner June 2012
    Chidders ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same here.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

My mum wanted blue but deliberately didn't go for it, as she didn't want it to be the wrong shade of blue that my OH and his men will be wearing. Also she will be wearing a sunflower corsage so wanted the outfit to work with yellow too. In the end she went for a seagreen and beige shimmery dress, I have no idea how the colours will work but she feels great in it so that's all that matters! I don't think there is a rule that MOBs or MOGs necessarily have to match the colours.

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

My bm is in a raspeberry, men in navy -mum is wearing a navy/apple green colour

• *Bea*
    Beginner October 2011
    *Bea* ·
    • Hide content

My mum wore a buttercream and black outfit , it was subtle but lovely. I would try and ensure it doesn't clash but it is most important that she feels comfortable in it and it suits her

• Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

I have to admit until a few months ago on here i had NEVER heard that MOB wear the same colour as the bridesmaids not have i ever noticed it at a wedding. This must not be as common in Scotland or I have gone to weddings with my eyes closed (this is very possible as i only pay attention to details since i started planning my own wedding).

My mum not wearing the same colour. She bought her dress before i had even picked my colour. Bridesmaid in purple and silver and MOB in silver/grey dress so will compliment it but this was not a consious decision.

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics