Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner January 2024 South West London

Modern / cool hair and make up London recommendations

Claire, 7 of January of 2024 at 12:29 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 1

Hi,

I'm already married (had ceremony and big do back in October), but I'm having a party with my friends at the end of January in London (so I feel I don't really classify for a bridal hair and make up package, more 'special occasion'). I'm looking for hair and make up but feeling a bit overwhelmed by results on Google and Hitched and not sure I can find my style.

Does anyone have any recommendations for hair and make up artist in London that is modern and cool? I don't like traditional bridal hairstyles/princess vibe with curls and complicated buns etc. (I just want a cool messy bun and beautiful make up). To give you an idea of the kind of vibe: I wore a jumpsuit with a jacket at my wedding (from here: https://www.instagram.com/uni.paris/), didn't have bridesmaids. While I'm not going for the full 'bridal package' thingy, I still want to look fabulous! Price wise I would like to spend no more than £180 and unfortunately can't do a trial (but also don't want to do one) because I live 2 hours away.

Thanks

Claire

1 replies

Latest activity by Ivana, 17 of January of 2024 at 21:03
  • Ivana
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Hi Claire,

What I would suggest if you can't find someone to do your hair is maybe going to a hair salon on the day and just requesting a messy bun for an event (don't say wedding as they will charge you a lot). If that idea doesn't speak to you, have a look on Instagram there are plenty of hairstylists on there. If you have the patience you can also try and learn how to do it yourself, just watch some YouTube tutorials on it.

For makeup artists, you can do the same, go on instagram and search for makeup artists in London, there are a lot of options.

The only makeup artist I know is my sister, who will be doing my makeup for the wedding. She does very minimal, typical bridal makeup, not sure it is what you are going for. Her instagram is @dobiivanova_makeup, have a look and contact her if you want (not sure of her fees but she does not charge a lot).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics