Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lucy
Beginner October 2024 Cornwall

Modest Dresses - Help!

Lucy, 28 of October of 2023 at 21:16 Posted on Wedding Attire 1 4
I have just started looking into wedding dresses and honestly feel completely overwhelmed by the whole process! I would like a modest dress that completely covers my back. I have a large chest and therefore wouldn’t feel comfortable without a bra so need something that would cover one. I have found loads of designers online such as Allure, Mon Cheri and Maggie Sottero who have Modest ranges but nowhere appears to stock them in store to try on. Please can someone recommend specific shops that sell modest designs? I live in North Surrey but would be happy to travel up to 2 hours if necessary! Thank you so much!

4 replies

Latest activity by Herera, 25 of November of 2023 at 09:08
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Have you tried ringing local boutiques and seeing what they have? Most people want dresses that show off quite a lot of skin, so those are the dresses that tend to be publicised, but I found a good few with more coverage when I visited a local shop, even though they hadn't been advertised on their website.

Also, it might be worth looking at mail order - I looked at Monsoon, Phase Eight, ChiChi London, Sister Organics, Alie Street etc before finding something at Ivy & Oak.

• Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Wed2B have a good selection. High Street chain so you should be able to find a store nearby.

• D
    Curious August 2023 North West London
    Dee ·
    • Hide content
    Some dress shops with a good seamstress will be able to alter a dress for you. I wanted a modest dress too got mine from Bridal Caprice in London. My dream dress had too low a back and was very low cut and the seamstress worked magic on it to make it modest. Also that way nobody will have a dress like yours. The alteration prices were extremely reasonable too, I spent less than £200 on mine
  • I
    Beginner May 2024 Northamptonshire
    Isabel ·
    • Hide content
    I got mine from monsoon and they had a good range of ones with a high neck and back, cost £100!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics