Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

alyj66
VIP August 2014

Modesty panel...update.

alyj66, 8 of May of 2014 at 19:34 Posted on Planning 0 18

I had my dress converted from zip to lace up. I prefer the back but wasn't happy with having no modesty panel as it's a bit gaping and it's been niggling away at me. I had a revelation today regarding modesty panels and after a quick google found this fabulous website; http://www.bridalcoveredbuttons.co.uk. So I've now ordered a modesty panel and some ribbons to match the panel for a princely sum of £20.00. I can attach the panel myself so no more extra costs, I'm a little bit excited and will flash when I've finished fiddling. Another excuse to try on the dress Smiley smile

18 replies

Latest activity by kimiu, 31 of May of 2014 at 07:48
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

I'm the same, I'm not a huge fan on no modesty panel and happen to think lace up dresses without one look unfinished. But that's just my opinion.

Im glad you solved your problem and have fun fitting it to your dress Smiley smile

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The bit that fits behind the lace so that you canot see through it like these ?

I dont think I have ever seen a wedding dress that didnt have one, maybe once but thats it .I would of though that when the dresss was converted one would be supplied and fitted then as standard.

And a little tip for everyone with lace up back is to get the person who is going to be doing it to have a practice before the day as I have seen so much stress over the doing up. And then allow extra time as well, esp the wider lace if you want to keep it nice and flat.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Yes to me that's a finished dress, I saw a couple when I was wedding dress shopping with a friend and she tried one on... And when she saw my face she took it off faster then she got into it!

I think not having the panel can ruin a beautiful dress.

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I'm glad it wasn't me just being fussy then! I've watched the tutorial on Youtube for lacing and they've suggested 30 mins to lace it up correctly and neatly.

Bill, your photos are really helpful as I've been googling images all evening, I should have posted first and saved myself a job.

Here's the dress without the modesty panel so we can agree it's just not right Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is stunning, just needs that finishing touch Smiley smile you must flash once you have it on the dress, a before and after Smiley smile

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

30 mins is safe but its still best for the person doing it to have lots of practice.

Here are some others that may show it a little better for you

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress. Don't forget to flash when you've attached it! Great idea!

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant! I disregarded a couple of dresses because they didn't have them. Had no idea you could buy them separately.

And thanks for the tips and pics re lacing - 30 mins? Wow! I reckon my mum will need plenty of practice, but then she won't mind, she'll be itching to get me into that dress having missed out on the shopping experience!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

Here is the dress all complete. We still haven't got the hang of lacing up but I'm not going to put the dress on again until the day so I hope it's not too bad.

• B
    Beginner August 2014
    bettybubble ·
    • Hide content

Oh that's a million times better! Lovely Smiley smile

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I'm very happy now, such a little outlay that made a huge amount of difference. I think a single row of pearls will make me a little happier Smiley smile

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Looks lovely Smiley smile

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I deleted your photos in this post just in case your partner ever looks on here but just wanted to say boy that is a lovely dress? I seem to have a thing about the lace top dresses??

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much, I'm just grinning now I know it looks right.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

My neck is now hurting from trying to look at the photos but its worth it??

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'm another fan of your dress aly and think I like it more and more each time I see it. The modesty panel makes a huge difference - it really finishes it off and was well worth the money!

• SunnyOrangeFlowers21
    Beginner August 2014
    SunnyOrangeFlowers21 ·
    • Hide content

That is lovely - really completes the look

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

You're right, it absolutely perfects and already gorgeous dress. Not long now till you wear it!

• kimiu
    Beginner June 2015
    kimiu ·
    • Hide content

Such a small thing can make the biggest of differences! Well done Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics