Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner July 2017

MOH and Bridesmaid conflict??

April090709, 18 of April of 2015 at 12:56 Posted on Planning 0 2

So I'm a tad worried about my bridal party choices, I haven't actually asked anyone "officially" yet as we haven't paid the deposit on the venue or anything yet but I've been thinking about this for a while.

So obviously I plan to have my best friend of over four years as my maid of honour, and then have two or three bridesmaids depending on how close I am to the people I'm considering closer to the time. The issue is that earlier this year I found out that my best friend has an issue with one of my other close friends and I'm worried about how she'll feel about the whole bridal party situation as she rarely likes friends that I introduce her to.

I'm feeling a bit awkward about it all to be honest cos I want everyone to be happy and get along as obviously I'll want everyone to be doing things together wedding planning wise and for the hen party etc.

Also have other people had different dresses for MOH and bridesmaids because I was planning on having all the same for them but worried this could cause issues too?

Not really sure how to handle it all, obviously have a while to think about it but just not really sure how to approach it all.

Any help or advice would be appreciated?

Thanks x

2 replies

Latest activity by Charliebob, 18 of April of 2015 at 13:25
  • Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

Hi again Flickie!

Don't worry about them, it's YOUR day. I am sure once you have asked all of them individually they will be so happy with you asking them that they won't care who else is one. I chose 4 very different girls - none of them have met once another - my half sister who lives ages away, my sister in law who lives nearby, my best friend from work, and my goddaughter. On the day apart from a few pictures and maybe an hour whilst they get ready, they don't NEED to spend time with one another. I'm sure they will be civil knowing it's your big day, and if they don't just say something.

As for dresses choose what dresses you and the girls like. They can match, or they don't have to. Play about with a few ideas. Pinterest is your friend.

REMEMBER: THERE ARE NO RULES TO WEDDINGS. Like what you like and do what you want to do.

Right, must get on with some house cleaning now.. xx

• A
    Beginner July 2017
    April090709 ·
    • Hide content

That is super reassuring!

Mine are all the same, a friend from school, a friend from college, a friend from an old job and a friend from university, most of them haven't met at all!

I hope they will be civil and that's a fair point that they don't really need to spend much time together, did you have a hen do or anything with them?

You're very right though, it is our wedding and there are no rules so I will just decide what is going to be right for me and my partner not them Smiley tongue

(Sorry I will try to stop distracting you now haha! I'm supposed to be writing an essay for uni oops Smiley atonished)

x

• Charliebob
    Beginner May 2016
    Charliebob ·
    • Hide content

Oh I remember the days of Uni, would always look for something else to do other than my essay, haha.

Haven't had a hen do.. yet. As said before budget is lower than average so don't want something too crazy that will break the bank. Think we are having a pamper day and then out for something to eat and a few drinks and a dance in the evening. The BM's will of course all be invited but with other people there they will probs be pleasant with one another and speak to who they know. Being BM's together may even bring them closer, who knows. With a few drinks flowing I'm sure they will be merry and as said before wouldn't want to rin anything for you.

Trust me it took me aggeeeees to get my fiance to see that they were no set rules, it was our day and if we wanted an elephant to bring us to the wedding and oompa lumpas to dance as entertainment then we ruddy well could (we aren't though in case you were wondering, haha)!

July will be a lovely warm time to get married, you could even put MOH in a long chiffon floaty dress, and the other girls in shorter ones. So many options!

And don't worry I really CBA to do this pile of ironing... sighhh. And no worries, if you need to know anything else, always here to help. ? It really can be stressful this wedding malarky, I've had a few crys over the past few months.

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics