Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Savvy August 2021 Central & Glasgow

moh at wedding last year - no longer friends

Emma, 26 of June of 2022 at 03:35 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 2
Hello just wondered if anyone else had experienced anything similar.
My MOH was my friend from secondary school and so I thought was a safe bet and also one of my closest friends. A year later she had become a bit of a monster about her own wedding and more and more of her toxic traits showed themselves. Anyway long story short, currently we aren't speaking and I don't think it will ever be the same.
I feel like now the memories of my own hen party and wedding are a bit tainted e.g. she's in so many photos and videos from the day and I'm struggling to deal with it. I don't know how to frame it in my mind. My SO says at the time it was the right decision and people change and move on just wondered if this happened to anyone else and if so how the coped?
I hope me and the MOH in the future will at least be civil and catch up once in a while but possibly not.

2 replies

Latest activity by Emma, 31 of July of 2022 at 00:17
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I feel you, my BM and I started to drift apart 4 months before the wedding when she met a guy and now that is all she is bothered about, he is quite controling IMO as she has moved down to his house and although is only 40 mins away we don't catch up as she says he doesn't want people coming to the house?!?! Then he always hasade surpris plans for wheneber we arrange to meet up and she ditches. Anyway, I feel the same as she is in pics and although she was good at the time of the wedding 2 months ago I don't hear from her and as sad as it is I have to accept that it is what it is and maybe, one day things may go back to how they were. I think your partner is right and you can't change things so you have to try and accept it, people come and go in your lifetime, just keep the good memories and maybe one day you will get back there x
  • E
    Savvy August 2021 Central & Glasgow
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I've found it really hard as I was meant to be her bridesmaid too.
    She's also in my favourite photo of me and my dad so it's a shame as I can't crop her out due to the positions people are in lol. I guess like you say keep the good memories and accept that things change. I can't go back and pick someone else and I was happy enough at the time. If only we had crystal balls!
    Thanks for sharing your experience as it helps to know I'm not the only one in a similar situation xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics