Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner July 2021 Worcestershire

moh Issues

Neesa, 17 of March of 2021 at 20:50 Posted on Planning 0 4

I asked my best friend to my MOH for my big day. I am due to get married this July, however, she is now pregnant... I asked her to be my MOH at the end of 2019 and we went to buy bridesmaid dresses last year.

She was saying how she can't wait for me to get married and be a part of it and have a great night etc. then she dropped the baby bombshell stating it was a accident but I am not entirely convinced as she was trying to get pregnant before.... She was also supposed to be doing hair and make up! Now she says she may not be able to do any of it as she is due in August.

I know there is a lot of uncertainty because of COVID and we have been in a lockdown but she has now turned around and said that she wishes I would just change my wedding date so she can be a part of it.

Has anyone else been in this situation before? I don't want to come across as unsupportive for not changing anything.

4 replies

Latest activity by April21Bride, 7 of May of 2021 at 15:49
  • P
    Dedicated July 2021 West London
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Neesa

I think its a big ask for her to ask you to change your wedding date. Your wedding is about you and your hubby.I mean depending on the type of pregnancy that she has she may still be able to go to your wedding its just obviously she would have to take it easy.With covid things are up in the air but ultimately its your decision on what you want to do. It's not your fault she's pregnant and can no longer carry out the things she said she would. But like I said its a big ask.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Wow, that's a bit cheeky!

There is absolutely no obligation on you to change your wedding date to fit around her pregnancy. If you want to change it, then that's a different matter.

• RomanticBrownStationery29719
    Dedicated
    RomanticBrownStationery29719 ·
    • Hide content
    Don't change your date its your day.
    Its silly to change it for anyone but your own/hubbys wish.

On the other hand obviously you need to find someone else to do hair and makeup. But thats not a big deal. Should her pregnancy go fine she can still be there and even moh just has to take it easy.
    And it really doesn't matter if she got intentional or accidentally pregnant. No one puts their life on hold(like postponing trying for a baby) for anyones wedding. That's fair enough. Just as no one can expect you to change your date for her. She made her choice prioritising herself/family and so should you. Once the baby is there her priority likely will shift focusing on being a mum too so its not like you wedding ever be nb.1.... which i natural.
    Just stick with your date and get a mua/hairdresser and she can still be there if she feels up to it....
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    I’m in the exact situation- my MOH is now pregnant and will be 7.5months gone by my July wedding.

We’ve discussed it and I still want her to be part of my day. I’m not postponing for her (nor would she ask) as I too want the opportunity to try and start a family.
    Enjoy your special day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics