Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2025 Monaghan

moh planning to be pregnant and due around my wedding 2 years away

Siobhan, 13 of January of 2024 at 20:14 Posted on Planning 0 3
I am bridesmaid for my cousin this summer and she will be my MOH for my wedding in September 2025 (almost 2 years away). We have just set a date and when I told her, she said she would be planning on having a baby around this time (she is a teacher so I think holidays and maternity leave is a big reason for this month). I would obviously be delighted for her, but at the same, I feel like when this much notice is given, she could maybe try wait a few months before trying or start a little earlier. It is a hypothetical situation for now and I totally don't think it's fair to ask someone to wait but if it was me I would wait until after the wedding without even mentioning it. I do know if the tables were turned, she would 100% be annoyed at me if I was pregnant and planned to be for her wedding this summer. Am I being unreasonable?

PS - she will be 30 in 2 years time and age isn't a factor in the pregnancy planning

3 replies

Latest activity by Ivana, 17 of January of 2024 at 19:58
  • N
    Beginner August 2025 Kerry
    Niamh ·
    • Hide content

Hi Siobhan, fellow Autumn 2025 in Ireland bride here. I don't think you're being unreasonable to think these thoughts privately but you couldn't express it to her. Ultimately when someone wants to extend a family it's their choice and there may be financial/personal factors why she feels that time is best for her. It's nearly best she said it as opposed to just thought it in her head.

If you raised it to her thread carefully as you could potentially lose a relationship if she feels attacked, as this is a hypothetical situation could you maybe address it with her in that maybe she might want to step down from being your MOH as she may not be available to assist you?

Wishing you every success with this difficult situation!

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I would not worry too much about it at this stage. It's all very well planning to get pregnant at a specific time, but babies don't always come to order - it may take her longer than expected to get pregnant, or she may end up having a baby much earlier, and either way, it wouldn't cause an issue with your wedding.

There may be very good reasons why she is hoping to conceive next year - she may be dealing with heath and/or financial implications that you know nothing about.

• I
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Hi girl,

Getting married in Aug of this year. My sister in law who is one of my bridesmaids is pregnant and due around the same time as my wedding so not sure if she will even be present. My MOH who happened to be my sister is also trying to get pregnant so will most likely be pregnant around my wedding. Another one of my bridesmaids has to travel abroad to see family at the time of my wedding so she won't be coming at all. So to be completely honest with you, life does not stop happening just because of our weddings! We have to adjust as best as we can so we do not stress ourselves out. Life is too short, honestly don't stress yourself out even if it happens just be happy for the person and that's all. If she makes it to the wedding great, if not then that's also fine. Enjoy your day as best as you can, I have heard it goes by so fast.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics