Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2025 Monaghan

moh planning to get pregnant

Siobhan, 13 of January of 2024 at 21:57 Posted on Planning 0 1
Hi everyone - I need advice! I am bridesmaid for my younger cousin this summer and she will be my MOH for my wedding in 2025. We recently set a date for Sept 2025 and when I told her she said she would be planning to have a baby around this time (almost 2 years away). Obviously I would be so happy for her but I'm quite annoyed as I know she would 100% flip if I fell pregnant for her wedding this summer. She will be 29/30 so age isn't a factor but as she is a teacher she is planning around summer holidays, maternity leave etc. I don't think it's fair to ask someone to wait but I do think if it was me I would wait until after. I think it would be more understandable if it was 9 months out and she fell pregnant but when it is so far away and she could plan it , I think it is a bit selfish - am I wrong? I thought about moving the date until 2026 (no venders/deposits have been paid yet) but my fiance isn't happy to do this. Am I being unreasonable?🙈

1 replies

Latest activity by Natasha, 16 of January of 2024 at 14:42
  • N
    Curious December 2026 Somerset
    Natasha ·
    • Hide content
    I think you just need to wait and see what happens. Neither one of you should have to change major life events to suit the other. Don't change your wedding date if you don't want to but equally don't expect her to change her baby plans. She may decide to wait or try earlier without any prompting anyway and babies are so unpredictable! Just because she's aiming for a certain month or even small block of months doesn't mean it will happen like that. Not trying to put a negative spin on her conceiving but there's just so many factors and no guarantee that she'll fall exactly when planned. Also she could well be bridesmaid until quite heavily pregnant with no major impact on your day (dresses are so widely available in accommodating styles or same colour, different styles) and even if she has a fairly young newborn it shouldn't affect her being bridesmaid (probably easier than if she had a toddler!) There is obviously a window right around when she is due and when baby is very new that would make attending, never mind being a bridesmaid impossible but it's possible she'll make the decision herself to try and avoid this now she has your date. She probably didn't intend to cause you any stress or upset by telling you her plans, I imagine she just wanted to put it out there so that any pregnancy around that time wouldn't be a total shock. I hope it all works out for you both x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics