Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner May 2005

Moisturiser rip-off continues

Pint&APie, 20 of August of 2009 at 13:21

Posted on Off Topic Posts 34

Just thought I'd share the latest Which? survey with you, as it hasn't come up for a while . . . Simple replenishing rich moisturiser (£3.20, 125 ml) outperformed both ROC retin-ox intensive (£19.95, 15ml) and Clinique repaiwear intensive (£25, 15ml), in comparison tests despite being less than a...

Just thought I'd share the latest Which? survey with you, as it hasn't come up for a while . . .

Simple replenishing rich moisturiser (£3.20, 125 ml) outperformed both ROC retin-ox intensive (£19.95, 15ml) and Clinique repaiwear intensive (£25, 15ml), in comparison tests despite being less than a 50th of the price.

Once again demonstrating that most moisturisers are 1% grease 99% optimism.

34 replies

• policefox lyn
    Beginner November 2003
    policefox lyn ·
    • Hide content

I use Nivea Soft cream, about £5 for a huge pot that has so far lasted me about 6 months. Because it's cheap I don't mind slathering it on which seems to be a good thing when moisturising dry skin.

• Allison Wonderland
    Beginner December 2006
    Allison Wonderland ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS.

• P
    poochanna ·
    • Hide content

I'm not seduced by the claims but I do try different products (Eve Lom, Creme de la Mer, Boot No7 etc) mainly because I'm a cosmetics junkie and I love trying new products. For me it's all about how it makes my skin look and feel, I don't really give a hoot about the label. I have found very few products that make my skin as nice as Eve Lom and Trish McEvoy. I had to stop using TMc as it was just too costly but I'd love to buy it again, my skin looked amazing!

My Mom has fabulous skin and she looks a lot younger than her years. All she's every used is Elizabeth Arden 8-hour creme. She covers her face before bed and washes off with water the next morning. If I did that I'd be covered in spots, it's too rich for my skin. She then puts on sunscreen.

Now, I'm off to buy some of this £3 Eve Lom substitute Rache suggested!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics