Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abby
Beginner April 2025 West London

Monday wedding

Abby, 22 of November of 2023 at 07:32 Posted on Planning 2 3
I am planning my wedding for a Monday but I’m getting a few mixed views from people in conversation about choosing this day. I don’t think it’s bad if I’m personally saving thousands of pounds, and equally if people really don’t want to take a day off work for it then they must not really be bothered about coming to the special day?! Im giving a year and a half’s notice. Part of me knows that it is more difficult for others to come on a Monday I do know that, but isn't the day about us? Yes I would in an ideal world I’d want a weekend or Friday even but it’s so so much more expensive at the venue we’ve chosen and I can’t seem to justify paying more, just to make it more convenient for others?? If anything it’s much better for me as I have the weekend to prepare and get things ready and I personally won’t have to take off more days prior to the wedding?! Please let me know your thoughts and if your experiences with feedback on a Monday booking? Thanks. G

3 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 23 of December of 2023 at 20:36
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

If people are not able to attend your wedding because it's on a Monday, it doesn't necessarily mean that they don't care about you. They may not be able to take time off work at that point (I've worked a couple of jobs where no one was allowed annual leave during specific busy periods). Also, bear in mind that if you are having a traditional wedding that goes on until late, people may have to book two days off work instead of one, especially if they live a long way from your wedding venue.

I'm definitely not anti-midweek weddings (we got married on a Thursday!) but it is a case of 'know your crowd'. Most of our guests were self-employed or retired, and many of those who were working were in jobs that were busier at weekends, so a midweek wedding was easy/as easy for all but a couple of our guests. If the majority of your invitees work traditional Monday-Friday jobs, then having a midweek wedding is more likely to impact the number of people who can accept. In your place, I would check that key guests are able to manage a Monday wedding, and as long as they can, go ahead with the understanding that you may have a higher-than-usual number of people decline.

• I
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content
    You are getting married for you, not for your guests. Yes you want them all to come but if someone’s not able to, even with your year in advance notice then that’s fine. I would say if that’s what you and your fiancé want to do to save money, especially if you are paying for the wedding yourselves, then by all means do so. Whoever is able to come and wants to come they can do so. They can book annual leave for your wedding and still make it, there are plenty of options available that if people really wanted to make it they would make it, without complaints. Honestly a weekday weeding is a great way to save money, we are planning ours on Thursday where most of our guests would even have to travel from abroad but we have decided and that’s what we are doing so yeah.
    Don’t stress too much about it and this early on too. Believe me it’s stressful enough to plan a wedding.
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    “If they really wanted to, they would”.. remember that!!

Save money, pick the date! It gives people an extra long weekend too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics