Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner September 2020

Monday wedding

Bridetobe.14.09.20, 27 of August of 2018 at 23:11 Posted on Planning 0

Hiya everyone, I'm new to Hitched so I apologise if this has been discussed before. But we've recently booked our wedding for a Monday in 2020. There were 2 reasons for this 1 our 15th anniversary is the Sunday before (but our venue doesn't offer weddings on a Sunday). 2. It's around 5k cheaper for a Monday compared to Friday/Saturdays and around 2k cheaper than a Thursday. Our rough guest list is made up mainly of family and very close friends but I've just had a bit of a melt down people won't come. I have attended friends weddings mid week and had a fab time and didn't mind booking days off, but what's other people's thoughts? Thank you ?

• L
    LuxuriousPinkFlowers67863 ·
    • Hide content

All of your reasons for booking on a Monday make sense, but I think you are also asking yourself the right questions.

It sounds like your guest list is fairly small and made up of people very close to you, but you should be mindful that some people might not be able to take the time off work, and might struggle to get there especially if travel is required. Though, your wedding is quite a ways away, so you've got time to get those save-the-dates out and to check with everyone that they'll be able to come.

And don't stress either way, it'll work out :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics