Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

germaki
Beginner October 2013

Monday weddings?

germaki, 21 August, 2011 at 20:18 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all, I'm new here!!

My name is Emma and I got engaged in Feb, and we're starting to plan our wedding. We have decided on October 2013 but due to budget we've started to consider a Monday wedding-can't believe how the price drops by two thirds in some venues!

What are people's perceptions about a Monday wedding? I think we would try and book it for when the school half term is in October so those guests with children won't have to miss school etc.

Thank you!

4 replies

Latest activity by Gillykins, 21 August, 2011 at 21:22
  • jubileebride
    Beginner June 2012
    jubileebride ·
    • Hide content

Hello !

We getting married on a Monday which is bank holiday, people get married on all different days now. As long as you send save the dates so people can get the time off it wont be a problem.

xxx

• lollytrollydolly
    Beginner June 2012
    lollytrollydolly ·
    • Hide content

Hiya!

I think jubileebride is my date twin! I am also getting married on a monday.

If you are happy to book within 6 months there are some amazing deals 2 be had.

• jubileebride
    Beginner June 2012
    jubileebride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yey I have a date twin! Where are you getting married and how is your planning going?

x

• lollytrollydolly
    Beginner June 2012
    lollytrollydolly ·
    • Hide content

Hiya!

Am getting married in Bedfordshire. A church service then a riverside hotel for the venue.

I think we are doing ok. better then i expected!!

Booked the church and Venue, Photograpgher, Choosen Groom's outfits and my dress. Colour theme decided. Favours arrived the other day aswell.

Save the date cards got sent out the last week just waiting for some more to arrive!!

Getting the bridesmaids fitting next month.

How r all your plans coming along?

• G
    Beginner April 2012
    Gillykins ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

We are getting married next Easter Sunday. Thought it might be cheaper being a Sunday but due to it being over the Easter weekend, it worked out more expensive :-(

Only reason we chose that date was to accommodate guests from out of town and thought they wouldnt have to take too much time off work with it being Bank Holidays!

Love this site ~ makes my tummy have butterflies whenever I log on as I know it wont be too long till I marry my lovely man!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics