Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner May 2014

Monsoon Bridesmaid Dresses

Amora Nail & Beauty, 17 of July of 2013 at 13:05 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi All,

Have found some bargain dresses in Monsoon that fit my wedding theme, only problem is wedding isnt until May next year so not entirely sure what sizes the bridesmaids will need and it looks like they will need making smaller. Is this something that a dress maker can normally do?? Or is this to much of a risk?? I have emailed Monsoon to try locate some smaller sizes but won't hold my breath

8 replies

Latest activity by Amora Nail & Beauty, 24 of July of 2013 at 19:50
  • *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I've got Monsoon BM dresses (although unfortunately mine werent a bargain ☹️).

It depends on the style whether they can be altered. Mine proably could be a little bit but not bu much and I'm not sure the length could.

Have your BMs tried on the dresses anywhere? I've found that they came up quite small with the ones we have bought.

• A
    Beginner May 2014
    Amora Nail & Beauty ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, the length wouldn't really need to be altered, just the size made smaller I think. I'm debating a couple of styles but both are knee length. And wearable again which is good.

Nope they haven't all of mine are scattered across the country Smiley sad

• MissKB
    Beginner June 2014
    MissKB ·
    • Hide content

Hey Natalie!!

I'm getting married in June next year and last week bought 3 of the Harriet dresses from Monsoon in the sale, 50% off, absolute bargain! Am so so so chuffed as I wouldnt have been able to afford them at full price

My BM's have all tried them on and 2 are ok, 1 will need altering. Dress makers can do any kind of alterations, so I'm going to take the dress and BM with me when I go for my dress fitting and see if she will do it. The other two are pretty stable with their sizes so I'm not too worried. I'm not seeing it as being risky, just well prepared!

xx

• M
    Beginner January 2015
    murphy88 ·
    • Hide content

Ive bought my bridesmaid dresses in far advance!

I havent got moonsoon dresses though, but I took the dress to someone that can do alterations to see whta she could do if for some reason the girls put on weight or get pregnant etc..

if it is a good deal i would suggest doing it!

• M
    Beginner January 2015
    murphy88 ·
    • Hide content

Ive bought my bridesmaid dresses in far advance!

I havent got moonsoon dresses though, but I took the dress to someone that can do alterations to see whta she could do if for some reason the girls put on weight or get pregnant etc..

if it is a good deal i would suggest doing it!

• A
    Beginner May 2014
    Amora Nail & Beauty ·
    • Hide content

One of the sizes has now gone to so possibly from a size 14 to a 10 or possibly even an 8

• A
    Beginner May 2014
    Amora Nail & Beauty ·
    • Hide content

I ended up finding the right sizes (fingers crossed) by chance on a visit to York. Just hope all the bridesmaids like them and that they fit!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics