Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner August 2015

More than 1 wedding party at venue

BVID , 12 of April of 2014 at 14:48 Posted on Planning 0 12

I'm looking for a venue for wedding reception and have seen a couple I really like, however, they both have more than 1 wedding on at a time and am worried about seeing another bridal party. The venues are Tewinbury Farm in Welwyn and Fanhams Hall in Ware.

Does anyone have experience of these venues or any thoughts.

Thankyou

?

12 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 14 of April of 2014 at 11:14
  • smccallum
    Beginner May 2015
    smccallum ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding last year were there was 2 wedding receptions at the same venue. I didn't see the other party until the end of the evening when I was heading back to my room. The two wedding partys were in different rooms at the venue. I know that the wedding I attended hired more of the venue - they were able to privately hire the bar area for their arrival drinks.

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    suzannelewington ·
    • Hide content

My wedding venue can have a max of 2 weddings on same day. They organise the ceremony two hours apart. We will be at completely different ends of the venue though and know I wont bump into the other party if someone books the same day so im not bothered xx

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We shot at Tewinbury Farm last August and there were multiple weddings that day (4 I think!?) - it wasn't a problem at all!

We didn't encounter any of the other weddings or their guests and there was no over lap. Every wedding party had their own designated area that they could use. I'm not sure if all areas offered the same, but where we were working was spacious, with lots of areas for photos and it didn't feel at all like you were restricted. It was as good as having exclusive use to be honest (we shot at Tythe barn)

If you'd like to see a full wedding gallery from there to put your mind at ease, we're more than happy to send one over for you, just drop us an email or something (*******@*****************.**.**). I know it can be worrying when you've not actually experienced it for yourself!

• C
    Beginner
    cw2b ·
    • Hide content

I don't know either venue but our venue can hold 2 weddings on the same day but they ensure the 2 weddings never over lap and see each other. We both have our own gardens for photos and 1 room is inside the hotel and the other room is attached to the hotel. Maybe you could ask them how the day runs/if they keep the 2 weddings apart from each other etc.

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

I'd just check out precisely which areas are to be used by your party, before you commit.

We looked at a venue that included a marque for us to use as a large wedding, assuming that we'd have the whole premises.

During the viewing found that they would usually have a small wedding coinciding in an internal room. We found that the gardens were 'allocated' to whichever was the smaller wedding. The smaller wedding also got a separate room for their drinks reception, which led onto the garden.

Essentially the rule was:- Big wedding? Stay in your tent. Everywhere else is out of bounds.

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

You shouldn't have any problems, I have shot loads of weddings at different venues where they were having anything up 6 weddings on the same day, they know what they are doing and are well organised to not let your guests and there other wedding party guests to get mixed together, really you shouldn't have a problem.

• charliejack
    Beginner October 2014
    charliejack ·
    • Hide content

exactly what i thought x

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

True, it could be funny to see other brides and congratulate them!

However, as I posted above, you can get severe restrictions imposed on you by the venue, when there are other weddings taking place, and that's the big issue. If you hire a venue with gorgeous gardens, you expect to be allowed in them. At the country hall I spoke about, the wedding parties weren't allowed to encounter each other, and those in the marquee were actually not allowed to use the gardens at all. You were made to stick to your designated areas/rooms/marquee.

We therefore booked a venue that wasn't quite so ridiculous as that one.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

We looked at tewinbury farm (but didn't go with it because as lovely as it was it was more than we were willing to pay) and each venue had it own rooms, garden & patio area & they stagger the times of the wedding to avoid wedding parties bumping into each other. I personallywas more worried by guests stumbling along the wrong reception than bumping into another bride.

Have you considered three lakes at westmill farm? they only do one ceremony a day although they may have another function on. We saw it today and its grounds are stunning. Xx

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Can totally recommend South Farm, Royston where my daughter got married. They only have one wedding at a time and were amazing

Lynne

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Can totally recommend South Farm, Royston where my daughter got married. They only have one wedding at a time and were amazing

Lynne

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Our venue could have had more than one wedding - as it happens it was out of season so the main house wasn't booked. If it had been, we wouldn't have had access to any of the gardens. You need to be clear on the restrictions and work out if this would be a deal breaker for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics