Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ashlil
Beginner February 2011

Morning of the wedding.. breakfast ideas???

ashlil, 27 of January of 2011 at 12:18 Posted on Planning 0 39

Hi all,

look at me worrying about stupid things..!

What are you planning to have for breakfast morning of the wedding?? Is Bacon Sarnies/rolls a good idea?? We will have 5 at the house in the morning before we go to the venue to get ready

OM's what did you have? recommendations??

39 replies

Latest activity by LooseLadie, 28 of January of 2011 at 15:47
  • avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

Interesting, I like the idea of croissants but I don't want to be bloated in my tight dress!

But I don't think fruit will fill me enough till the Wedding Breakfast!

Predicaments!

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

Our Ceremony is at 3pm meant to add

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content

Champagne and strawberries for me Smiley smile

And maybe a banana for energy!

• Vikster79
    Beginner July 2011
    Vikster79 ·
    • Hide content

Yeh i was thinking about crossaints and jam. Not sure though as we all love a good bacon butty.

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

I think I'll have 2! I will be leavin house about 8.30 to get hair & make up done, should be back for 10.30 so I think I will eat before I leave the house & before I get into my dress cause i'll be starving by afternoon if I dont!

So we will probably have cereal / toast before we go to get dolled up and then I dont know what to eat before I get into my dress - It will have to be no smell or mess cause I wont be able to brush my teeth after gettin make up done..dilema!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

You are all making me hungry now!

At my friend's wedding last year we had croissants for breakfast, and then some ham and cheese rolls as a quick lunch before the ceremony. The bride managed breakfast, but barely touched her lunch due to nerves!

• MrsShark
    Beginner September 2011
    MrsShark ·
    • Hide content

I think you have to go a long way to beat a good ol’ bacon butty for breakfast on any occasion….unless of course you are a veggie!!

We are staying at the hotel the night before and breakfast is all included, it will obviously depend on what I feel like at the time, but my money would be on a bacon butty too….our ceremony is at 2.30pm so might even try and grab a toastie or something before we head out….something to soak up all the champers!!

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

I am actually laughing.. theres me with just over a week to go and hadn't thought about it.. and you lot with a few months to go have an idea..!

Whats it with girls and food.. ?

Croissants sound like a good idea too

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

My brother is bringing round McDonalds breaky at 9am (ish) however I don't eat it, its more for everyone else - there will be Me, Mom, Auntie, Bro's GF, And 2 of my 4 bridesmaids. I'll have some wholemeal nutty, freshly based bread, thickly sliced and Toasted nicely. Strawberry, Champage and nibbles for lunch around 1ish before our 3pm ceremony.

I was told by someone that peppermint reduces bloating?? Don't know if it's true but might try some peppermint tea with it too!

OH is having a full English at his new fave place - the OK Dinner! (Yuk!!) - Eggs, bacon, burger, sausage, mushrooms, beans etc etc!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I am going to have to be very strict about the fact that I do not want anyone cooking breakfasts in the house on the morning. The last thing I want is to turn up stinking of sausage and bacon. lol. I think we will have croissants and danishes (and bucks fizz)

• BumbleBrat
    BumbleBrat ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't do any cooking on the morning of the wedding, would worry about smelling like a fried pig in my dress! I'm thinking along the lines of croissants, muffins, bagels etc.

• belindacoles
    Beginner May 2011
    belindacoles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Peppermint can help to ease stomach cramps or bloating, but be careful - it can also make things quite free flowing if you get my drift Smiley smile

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I had a Burger King!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

I now Know! A bagel with peanut butter, sliced banana & honey for my first breakfast - really filling & yummy! For my first one then hopefully I wont be hungry again before putting on dress - Tho Im going to make sure there is sweets or sting in the car for me & oh on route to hotel!

• GeordieBarbie
    Beginner May 2010
    GeordieBarbie ·
    • Hide content

I stayed in a hotel and had a full English! ?

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats my thoughts, I love bacon but OH family is Jewish and smelling like a fried pig wouldn't be good ?

• D
    Beginner
    Doodle ·
    • Hide content

I wanted a full slap up breckfast - I got 1/2 a piece of toast as we had to go pick up MOH LOL

• MrsBear2b
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsBear2b ·
    • Hide content

Nothing that smells basically is the rule for breakfast. Probably my usual breakfast of fruit and yoghurt, and for lunch a salad or something light. That is all wishful thinking, with nerves I eat like a pig so who's to know...

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for the warning, I didn't know - that's that option out, haha! Couldn't think f anything worse! My tummy will already be doing summersaults with the nerves!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I didn't eat anything first thing as it was early and I had to be at the hairdressers at 8.30. They did croissants for us there and I enjoyed that. I had bought croissants and pain au chocolat to have at home, but by the time we got there I felt too sick to eat anything!

• lovelygirl
    Beginner August 2011
    lovelygirl ·
    • Hide content

I plan on having my usual celebratory breakfast of scrambled eggs with smoked salmon on toasted brioche!! with the bucks fizz mmm yummy when is my next celebratory breakfast?????

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

It's gotta be bacon, ashlil!

We've got the owner of the house coming over in the morning to cook us breakfast. I'd like bacon, sausage, black pudding, scrambled egg and some beans washed down with a glass of champagne! I'll settle for a bacon sarnie if nerves prevent me from making the most of our breakfast chef!

My dress will be at the other end of the house so I'm not worried about the smell. To be honest, if I turned up smelling of bacon, my almost husband would just be wondering why he'd not married me sooner!

• Rebecca86
    Beginner July 2012
    Rebecca86 ·
    • Hide content

I struggle to eat breakfast as it is

so i think i'll have a selection of fruit to pick at

rather than a breakfast because i know i wont be able

to stomach it, nerves ect x

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Your text is always funny, Rebecca - so you post from a mobile?

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

I am going tonight to buy breakfast bits. I have 12 getting ready in my tiny house! ?

I am just getting crossiants, muffins, fruit. Nothing to cook or that can smell although me and 2 BM are having a McD's breaky when we wake at 6!

• M
    Beginner May 2012
    MrsDWT ·
    • Hide content

Haha, i love reading everyones lovely breakfast ideas, i actually want a MacDonalds breakfast!!!! lol

• ashlil
    Beginner February 2011
    ashlil ·
    • Hide content

I think its funny everyones decided already and its one of my last thoughts.

Still thinkin Bacon butty.. Yum, Yum we are getting up in the morning at our place but going to venue to shower and get ready - so cooking wont be a problem lol

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

As long as you get chance to wash your hair, I always find swine smell sticks in your hair. I think i may be one of the few people in the world that retches at the smell of bacon cooking - I don't mind eating it though Smiley smile

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

I had (and my 2 big bridesmaids and my little one) haribo, banana, cookies, crisps, pizza, chips, juice and lolly pops! Such bad food! Our theory was if we didn't fit in our dresses now we never would! This was all in the hairdressers. My hairdresser said I was the calmest bride ever! I was the only bride she had ever had to order pizza to the hairdressers and actually eat it! It was good pizza! I have a lovely picture of me with full on bridal hair and veil eating a huge slice of pizza! We had a fab few hours getting ready!

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

I had it planned that I would have a delicious full cooked breakfast with the works, but when it came to the day, all I could manage wa a few sips of tea and 1/2 a croissant my stomach was that nervous.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

I barely ate all day. Mum had arranged little pastries but I took one bite of mine before it felt like it was just swellign in my mouth and I couldn't face anymore!

From then on in I was in my dress and eating wasn't really an option but regardless of that there was too much going on to worry about mundane things like eating! My wedding breakfast was split between H and my Dad and from the buffet I had one bit of cake and 1 something I can't remember nicked from MIL's plate!

• CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

See, I am determined to eat my wedding breakfast. I think i'll really regret missing out on the yummy food if I dont!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics