Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsParsons2b
Beginner May 2011

Morning of the wedding ... getting ready!

MrsParsons2b, 26 March, 2011 at 21:52 Posted on Planning 0 22

Good Evening!

Smiley smile What are your plans for the morning of the wedding?

We (me and my bridesmaid, mum and dad) are all getting ready at my mum and dad's house, hair and makeup ladies are coming at 8.30am!
Asked... ok ok, told, Dad he's to make us a continental breaky! Hehe!

But not sure on what to wear whilst getting ready!

What are you all wearing? xx

22 replies

Latest activity by May2be, 28 March, 2011 at 00:58
  • sarahb3426
    Beginner June 2012
    sarahb3426 ·
    • Hide content

Me and my little boy are staying at my dads the morning of the wedding, bridemaids are coming down in the morning to get changed there as well, not sure if i will be able to eat anything, but will try and have something to eat, and make up lady is coming to the house, not sorted the hairdresser yet, as for what am wearing, I have a t-shirt saying "The future MRS so and so" but will change into a top which can come of without having to go over my head - like a tracksuit top etc.

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

Im getting up at about 7 ish I think maybe earlier and then my hair appointment is at 8:45 at the salon (2 mins walk from mums) My my sister and 2 other bridesmaids will be at mums, Then the make up lady will come out and do mine - not sure what time have to sort it out with her, and then ill get in my dress - planning on coming back from the hairdresser and getting everything except my dress on, including the tiara and then when the make up lady is done just literally have to put the dress shoes and the veil on.

Ill prob just wear my zipped hoodie becuase I dont want to ruin my hair if I have to take a tshirt off xx

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at a hotel so OH will be there, , I have rented a cottage for the night before so there will be 10 of us girlies all getting ready there on the morning of the wedding

xx

• GemmaLouise1986
    Beginner
    GemmaLouise1986 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at 12 so I'll have to start getting ready about 8 I think....

We're having a room to get ready in at the venue. I'll be at home the night before, OH at his Mum's.

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

Myself, BM's and my family will be at the venue the night before, so we'll gather for breakfast then Dad will take myself and BM's to the hairdressers for 9am. I'm only allowing my MOH and Mum to be in my room whilst I get ready, I don't want too many people there! Going to wear jogging bottoms and zipped hoody - comfortable and won't ruin my hair!

• SaSaSi
    Beginner July 2012
    SaSaSi ·
    • Hide content

My hair is at 9am and takes half hour. My make up girl is 2mins from salon so I 'll be there about 940. It took her 45mins yesterday so I should be home for 11. Wedding @ 1230 + the dress lady is dressing me at my house on the Mornin so I'm gonna ask her to be there for 1130. Wedding @ 1230 + is only 2min from my house so hopefully everything runs smoothly! Yesterday for my trials I wore a scoop vest that I cud get off easily over my head without wreckin anything so i'll prob do that again, with some comfy jogging bottoms.

• Samantha2704
    Beginner July 2011
    Samantha2704 ·
    • Hide content

It's recommended that you should wear something you can easily take off on the wedding day after your hair and makeup has been done, like a dressing gown, shirt zip up cardigan...

I'll be getting ready with my 2 BM's my mum, dad, brother & his GF.

I'll no doubt be up at 5-6o'clock cracking open the orange juice hehe...Dad has been ordered to collect the cooked breakfasts from the greasy spoon and he'll relax until the photographer gets there then he'll have to make an effort to get ready...The Hair & Makeup lady will be there for about 8-9 and i guess it'll flow from there....

OH will be at our house with his mum, dad, BM & usher.....they'll probably get up at 11 and get ready make there way to the ceremony an hour before for a few drinks!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

I've already constructed a mock itinery for the morning as there'll be lots of people at Mum's house! I think we'll probably start with the hairdressers at 08:30ish

I'm thinking Mum and I can prepare a little spread of pastries and cakeys, and although Mum thinks that Grandma will be in the way, I think she should be on tea/bubbly duty!

• N
    Beginner
    northwood ·
    • Hide content

I am staying at the venue the night before with my bridesmaids. No idea on start times yet but I am sure I will be awake at the crack of dawn

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

I have decided to get ready at home, OH is staying away for the night instead! Just think I will be more relaxed and its closer to the venue also!

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

Well, Me, Mom, one of my BMs, an stepdad will have an early start - make up lady is arriving somewhere just after 7am!

She'll put my hair in curlers and then will start my Mom's hair - which is being washed and blow dried. My other BMs with then arrive (another 3) who will start getting ready too, my brother will be bringing us McDonalds - which we don't want in the house so Mom is going to hire a small Marque for outside in her large backgarden - haha. Mom will go off to check the venue, and my SIL2b x 2 plus MIL will arrive for their hair/make up with my niece (FG) is tow - they willl also be done, before my SIL arrives with our 2nd FG - she'll also then have her hair done.

OHs family will go back to their hotel, SIL will go back to meet my brother with FG, Stepdad will be out the house for lunchtime so it can be ladies only in the house. Stepdad will come to meet mom, and they'll go off to church, BMs will follow, then my Dad will arrive and we'll leave... phew.....

I got a dress for the wedding morning yesterday - it's a black strappless dress (although if I can get one in white, i'd prefer that)

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

I'm staying at mum and dad's the night before the wedding, with my sisters (BMs) niece (flowergirl), brother and brother in law.

Mum and dad are staying in a hotel (the one I work in!) the night before the wedding so I'm going to give mum our overnight bag then to take down. the idea is that there'll be 2 less to fight over the bathroom and dad can get a full cooked breakfast without worrying about getting in our way as we run around getting things ready. He'll shower and shave and arrive at the house sometime mid-morning most likely while we're off getting our hair done - 10.00am, will probably take about an hour to get all 5 of us done and then home to wait for our makeup girl.

Older sister says during all of this she intends to 1) force feed me lots of food and 2) force me to drink lots of bucks fizz - don't think I shall complain at the 2nd one, purely to steady the nerves of course!!

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I get ready at mum's need to be at hairdressers @9am- salon 8 miles away- my moh is doing my make up cos i never wear the stuff she knowshow i like it lol- then the church ceremony starts at 11.30 and the church is less than 5 mins drive from folks house- oh parents is getting him ready-(he' had a stroke and cant dress himself) so there sorting him out

• L
    Beginner April 2011
    loopyjennie ·
    • Hide content

Me and my boys are stopping at home the night before the wedding and then in the morning my sisters are coming over and helping me get ready ? not sure on timings yet..

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Aaargh timings!

Wake up about 6:30am, hop in the shower and have breakfast... I doubt I'll be able to eat much more than a small bowl of cereal though! Then my hair/make-up lady is coming at 8am, she'll do my hair and make-up and I should be ready by 9:30am/10am, then we have about an hour to get me into my dress, do the final touch-ups etc. Everyone else needs to leave to walk/be driven down to catch the buses at about 10:45am and then my dad and I are leaving for the register office at 11am.

I'll probably try and wear a dress that unbuttons down the front.

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I had my hair washed & put into curlers at home with all the Bridesmaids at about 7am. We then all travelled in a mini bus to the venue and had our makeup done thereand hair finished, we had breakfast at the venue and then My Mum arrived, the photographers & sat in the room watching all of the guests arive whilke we sipped champagne. It was really chilled & I must say it was really nice to be with all the Bridesmaids in the morning.

• NikiST
    Beginner July 2011
    NikiST ·
    • Hide content

Me and H2B are staying in the venue (hotel) the night before but in separate rooms. He'll be getting ready in his with his best men and me in mine with my BMs and MOB. I'll probably just wear pyjamas to get ready in or my robe. They do a buffet breakfast in the hotel so one of H2B's best men will be bringing me and BMs up some breakfast. We'll have some champagne on ice to tip back and help with nerves.

• Holly-Jayne
    Beginner August 2012
    Holly-Jayne ·
    • Hide content

I'm staying at the hotel where we are getting married the night before with my mum. My MOH and her hubby and children will be staying there too as they are travelling up from Devon and then the other bridesmaids will join us to get hair, make up etc done then my dadwill come and the TOG and go from there. No idea on timings yet as we cant book the registrar until a year before ☹️ which is rather frustrating as I would like to know now so that I can crack on with things (can you tell that I'm a bit of a control freak! lol!!) xx

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

We've FINALLY decided that me, the kids and the BMs will stay at my house the night before the wedding and h2b will stay at his mum & dad's (only down the road anyway). They'll come pick the kids up in the morning and go over to the hotel, while me and BMs get ready.

Wedding isn't 'til 3:30pm so I want to be ready for 2pm. Hair and make-up lady is coming at midday and before that I'll be flomping round like a mad thing fretting over flowers, centrepieces, the inevitable skin break-out, blah blah blah.

And I've bought myself a t-shirt that says "Future Mrs Pancheri" to wear for the morning ?

• K
    Beginner October 2011
    karen945 ·
    • Hide content

I thought I was the only person getting wed late in the day until I read sammyjay's post.

Ceremony is at 330 so Ithink I'll be getting ready from 1 oclock. I haven't really thought about timings

• May2be
    Beginner July 2011
    May2be ·
    • Hide content

My OH is staying at his mums with my son the night before so I will be at home on my own. Plan is to bath and wash hair etc around 8ish and then try to grab some food and overnight bag etc to be at my mums by 9:30. We are heading to the venue for 10 so I can check the layout of the tables and centre pieces etc before my hair and make-up ladies turn up at 11. Hair and makeup expected to last until around 1 which leaves me about half an hour for dressing, half an hour for photos and 15 mins for meeting the registrar before making my way to the ceremony room for a 2:30 ceremony

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics