Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2016

Moss Bros - yay or nay?

Little_MrsA2B, 3 of September of 2015 at 19:30 Posted on Planning 0 12

Where is everyone getting their suits from? My H2B has found just what he was after today at Moss Bros. I just wanted to hear any experiences of them. Is the service good? Any horror stories?

Thanks in advance Smiley smile

12 replies

Latest activity by Dan, 8 of September of 2024 at 14:00
  • E
    Beginner January 2016
    Eastend ·
    • Hide content

Hi Little_MrsA2B

We went into Covent Garden and got my OH his suit, a gorgeous 3 piece Ted Baker, the suit is great but the service was shocking! Not enough people to serve, no one to measure and sort alterations and then when we were finally seen and measured we were told the suits (bought 2, one for his best man) would be ready the following Friday, we said we would be there on Saturday as had to get in from Surrey. Got there and found that the alterations had not been done! They assured us they would have the suits by 7pm that night and it was lucky we had other things to do in london but they could have contacted us to let us know there was a delay!

Very happy with with the suits themselves though.

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

Our suits were from Moss: We also went for the Ted Baker one (grey tails). No complaints for us at all. Our wedding was last Friday, and my OH phoned up on the Thursday the week before, and the suits had arrived that day (they do normally say they will be in the Monday of the week of the wedding, so ours were 4 days early). There was a couple of items which needed to be changed for different sizes, which were in by the Monday. They even let is keep the original items which had come in, just in case the replacement items didn't end up being the right size. My cousin's (usher) trousers were too short, but to make sure he was happy with them they got 2 extra pairs for him, one which was 1 inch longer and one 2 inch longer. As long as everything was returned afterwards they were fine with it.

• E
    Beginner January 2016
    Eastend ·
    • Hide content

Hi Little_MrsA2B

We went into Covent Garden and got my OH his suit, a gorgeous 3 piece Ted Baker, the suit is great but the service was shocking! Not enough people to serve, no one to measure and sort alterations and then when we were finally seen and measured we were told the suits (bought 2, one for his best man) would be ready the following Friday, we said we would be there on Saturday as had to get in from Surrey. Got there and found that the alterations had not been done! They assured us they would have the suits by 7pm that night and it was lucky we had other things to do in london but they could have contacted us to let us know there was a delay!

Very happy with with the suits themselves though.

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I photographed a wedding in Leeds a while ago where the suit supplier was Moss Bros. The 5 men all attended branches for fitting before the wedding. The wedding was on a saturday and the 5 suits arrived Weds. But only two of the outfits could be worn. Two suits did not fit at all and there were issues with a 3rd. The bride called Moss and was told there was nothing they could do at such sort notice!

The bridal party had to go to Debenhams and buy replacement suits the day before the wedding.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Our daughter and son-in-law had Moss Bros and they had the grey tails. All the suits were collected on the Weds for a Friday wedding. The best man and man of honour arranged theirs in a London branch whilst all the others were done at Leeds. We only had a problem with my husband's shirt which was way too small. He is a 15 and half collar and it was about 3" short of fastening. He ended up having to get a 17 and a half collar to get it to fasten but this was huge under his waistcoat and jacket so had to keep these on all day and night. Other than that, no complaints.

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

We're using Moss Bros and have no complaints so far! We'll have to wait and see on the day though.

• L
    Beginner July 2016
    Little_MrsA2B ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. Bit of a mixed bag.

How awful for the couple that had to go to Debenhams days before their wedding. Not want you want to be doing!

I will speak to my OH and see what he thinks Smiley smile

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

Judge it also on the service you receive from staff when you go to have a look at the suits, we went a few times, to Moss and to the hire dept in Debenhams and Austin Reed. The service in Austin Reed left a bit to be desired, and it was shocking in Debenhams, we always had to go looking for someone to talk to, and they never had anything in to try on, whereas we were approached by someone straight away in Moss, and they couldn't have done enough everytime we went in, even letting Mr K try on the suit he liked in full even before we paid our deposit. For us it was a no brainer when we decided who to give our money to.

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    MrsWatkinsToBe ·
    • Hide content

Do you have a Slaters near you? They are a bit more personal, have a great range and are reasonably priced. I've never had any issues with them for any event.

I know of 2 weddings where Moss Bros provided the wrong sizes hence not using them myself.

• D
    Beginner February 2016
    Dolce Gusto ·
    • Hide content

I popped into Moss B a few months ago to look for suits for my wedding next February. I just wanted to get an idea of the colour and style I wanted.

There were no other customers at the time, so the sales guy came straight over to ask if I needed assistance. I said I was looking for a suit for my wedding next year, to which he replied that I should leave and come back next year as the new range will be in.

I thought it was a bit rude - I want to get my suits sorted months before the wedding, not days before so that's why I was looking early and I only wanted to have a look because I had no idea what I actually wanted at the time. It's not like he had any other customers to deal with, so I decided straight away that I definitely would not be going back there.

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Every wedding I shot this year with Moss Bros suits had something wrong with them.

Either all the waistcoats were grey instead of blue, or the wrong size or things were missing.

Of course this doesn't mean that there weren't weddings where they had them and all was fine, but it was three in a row for me and every year there is an issue.

Add to that the one time I went into a store to ask if they had any longer waistcoats I got a blunt no without any suggestions of where to try. Even though I asked.

So stuff them quite frankly.

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

We used Moss Bros and they were great! No problems x

• Dan
    Beginner April 2025 West Yorkshire
    Dan ·
    • Hide content

Avoid Moss Bros Bradford like the plague.

Suits are a high quality, but I've seen Yogi Bear be more successful and stealing picnic baskets than those clowns there now (Sep 2024) do a simple suit hire booking.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics