Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pandorasbox
Beginner August 2012

Most OTT wedding idea?

pandorasbox, 25 March, 2012 at 18:03 Posted on Planning 0 10

Not had one of these threads for a while and seen some bizarre stuff lately. One was that a bride and groom demand all their guests dress up for the full day (and evening) in leis and grass skirts for a Hawaii theme wedding...in the middle of Cheshire in the rain and muddy fields. I bet it was fun for some people but to me, as a guest who would most likely have spent money on a nice outfit, that seems a little strange.

My venue updated their fb status to say that yesterday's wedding had a barn owl fly the wedding rings down to the best man ? Not to insult anyone but that is totally ridiculous and OTT in my opinion.

What crazy stuff has everone else come across during wedding planning?

10 replies

Latest activity by butterflystar, 26 March, 2012 at 18:21
  • Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Around christmas time my venue fb page posted a pic of a winter wedding with a real live reindeer there!! They had santa stuff on it and everything!!

• schiocco
    Beginner July 2012
    schiocco ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A couple at our venue had had this too! Apparently made better by the fact it was 'the Harry Potter owl'. Well, no, not really.

The oddest thing I've come across is a lucky chimney sweep at a wedding fair. And they were still trying to sell their services to me after I'd said we were having a church wedding. Total waste of cash in my opinion.

• Figs
    Beginner June 2012
    Figs ·
    • Hide content

My OH proposed in DisneyLand and for a little while we toyed with the idea of going back for the wedding...until we started looking through some of the 'packages'...the pictures of the bride and groom dressed up like Prince Charming and Cinderella and sitting on thrones in the castle, whilst Micky and Minnie greeted the guests was more than enough to make us change our minds!

• Tracy2012
    Beginner June 2012
    Tracy2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Brilliant!

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

The dream dress

The flowers

The CB and BM

The cake

Then after concieving a honeymoon baby, have your lil kitty here

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

haha that's amazing!

I'm getting married in December and tell everyone that if it snows I'll be arriving by a sledge pulled by huskies. I might up it to reindeer now!

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

According to my fab wedding planner one of her couples asked for an ice sculpture............not that unusual.....................but for a Zanzibar beach wedding lol

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding earlier this year where the guests were handed a small cardboard package to be opened as the bride and groom walked back up the aisle.

After many people shaking theirs (assuming it contained confetti) we found out they contained rather dazed butterflies...

• T
    Beginner July 2012
    Thursday Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Poor butterflies ☹️

• B
    Beginner October 2012
    butterflystar ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

nooooooo..... I just snorted at that one! x