Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bliss_balloons

MOTB Gifts

bliss_balloons , 21 of January of 2015 at 11:20 Posted on Planning 0 4

I know this has probably been asked loads before but what's everyone getting their mum as a gift? I don't want to get her flowers because I'd rather give her something she can keep. I was thinking of a necklace but can't find anything I like.

4 replies

Latest activity by Calella, 21 of January of 2015 at 14:20
  • M
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsFitt2B ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to follow this post! I don't have any idea what to get my mum either!

• S
    Beginner May 2016
    Sparty ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking about this at the moment too but still have plenty of time to think of something for the mums.

This idea is one I have had for my two witnesses and my bestie who is doing a reading but feel free to steal the idea if you like it! I am going to get a floating charm necklace for them all - and then I will pick a few charms which relate to them personally - or to our friendship.

For example, one girl will be getting a lipstick charm, a champagne glass and a dragonfly (as they are lucky for her). Others will have a slice of cake, a little house etc. Things that mean something to them and to me. I am also getting all of them a charm which is a lemon - because my wedding is in Sorrento and the reception is in a lemon garden restaurant. So they will all have something to symbolise their contribution to my big day.

Just google floating charm necklaces and you will see what I mean.

Interested to see other peoples ideas as well! For the boys I am thinking of hip flasks - not too original lol

• A
    Beginner May 2016
    Arabella16 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not definitely sure yet, but was thinking similar to Sparty... although slightly different as I am thinking of getting my Mum and myself the same bracelet (rather than one with charms as she has one already) so that then we will always have matching 'friendship/mum-and-daughter-ship' bracelets.

No idea for my Dad though! x

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

If you are looking at necklaces, I could certainly help with jewellery. Most of my designs can be made in coloured Swarovski pearls (not just white/ivory) or I have some lovely peacock coloured or grey/silver freshwater pearls. Here's some ideas and my website is www.louloubelle.co.uk if you'd like a look.

Lisa

• Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

My mum got me a beautiful links of london necklace for christmas, it has a gold and silver link interlocked on a chain. She told me that it was to symbolise me and her, and that we'd always be there for each other. Men come and go but a mother and daughter bond is for life kind of thing. We've always been a little team, so was really special. Brought a tear to my eye!

I'd like to get her the same necklace for her gift, so she knows on my wedding day, even though I'm a big girl, we'd always have a strong bond and I'll always be there for her! I think it'll work well Smiley smile

Edit: It looks like this but the 2 circles are thicker and the same size, it's new season and not in the shop yet!

http://www.selfridges.com/en/links-of-london-20-20-bi-metal-pendant-necklace_705-10016-50241142/?cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-Womens-_-LINKSOFLONDON&ci_src=18615224&ci_sku=39635396&$ja=cgid:10883529934%7ctsid:35948%7ccid:198857974%7clid:74765158414%7cnw:g%7ccrid:40388980654%7crnd:7743874909127195611%7cdvc:c%7cadp:4o1%7cbku:1&gclid=Cj0KEQiAuf2lBRDW07y3z6f96awBEiQA0IngJvzHTnc1KWXPwj7RH2IXtvICasby-MmEB8xOvI3speoaAq5p8P8HAQ

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics