Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sophia
Beginner May 2025 Surrey

Mother and sister in law from hell

Sophia, 23 July, 2023 at 12:17 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 2
Has anyone else got a meddling mother and sister in law? They have caused nothing but trouble so far for my partner and I after announcing our engagement. His sister is refusing to come to our engagement party. Do we invite her to the wedding??

2 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 28 July, 2023 at 09:45
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Good afternoon,

Sounds like you’re going through the mill a bit there! Unfortunately, weddings change propel and the concept sends people into a frenzy!
    Is there a reason they’re being awkward? Is there any jealous from the sister maybe she’s not engaged or?
    Depending on what you are like as a person.. offer them an olive branch, try to include them and see where it goes - least you can say you’ve tried your hardest thing. This being said, it may be a lot more than needs the eye as I appreciate there’s usually more drama surrounding it!
    Good luck.X
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

What does your OH think about this?

Not inviting close family to a wedding is likely to make any breach much worse, so you really need to think about how badly they are likely to behave at the wedding, how bad the relationship is already and what likelihood there is of any improvement going forward. The risk of non invitation is that you end up with a permanent breach, which may be too distressing for your fiance.

It's a tough decision. Sending my best wishes. I hope you find a resolution that works for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics