Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious June 2023 Worcestershire

Mother of Groom Transport

Sarah, 5 of July of 2021 at 14:58 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hey everyone,

after discussing some transport plans with the MOG & FOG yesterday I realised I have no idea what vehicle / how the mother of groom gets to the ceremony?

We have a camper van which can seat up to 5 which will be taking the groom, father of groom, best man & Usher (potentially mother of groom?)

This camper van is then coming to collect me and my dad and I have a 4 seater vehicle to collect my 3 bridesmaids and mom.

Is it ok for the mother of groom to travel with the rest of the grooms party or should I be looking at her arriving with my bridesmaids and mom?

Kind Regards

Sarah

2 replies

Latest activity by Kayleigh, 6 of July of 2021 at 10:04
  • D
    Curious May 2023 Worcestershire
    Dandan ·
    • Hide content
    Hiya,

I’m not sure there is any ‘tradition’ that the mog should follow. If she is happy going in with the groomsmen and that suits you then do it. I’d imagine it would be easier than you reorganising the girls transport to accommodate an extra passenger?!
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    I think it would make sense that his mum would travel with him. Your mum and dad would be travelling with you, traditionally the MOG isn't part of the BP so no worries.
    I'm staying at my venue the night before with my BP so everyone with the exception of my bridesmaids and mum are making their own way to the venue.
    His family members are travelling from Cornwall to Bristol so they will also be making their own way. (my fiancé's mum passed when he was young so we wouldn't have this issue).
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    It's bizarre how many little things crop up isn't it 🤣 x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics